Looking for a nutritious snack that’s both filling and delicious! Indulge your sweet tooth with this delicious pumpkin pie protein bombs recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Protein Bombs: The Inspiration
We are coming up on the season of sweets! From Halloween to the New Year, it seems like the temptations and treats are EVERYWHERE! If you are anything like me, you don’t want to miss out on seasonal snacks…but indulging a little too much doesn’t seem to flatter all of those fall fitness goals. This simple pumpkin pie protein bombs recipe sits nicely in your fridge for a go-to grab when those cravings hit. All you need for this homemade delight is:
- one pumpkin to your taste
- Maple Syrup or Agave
- Sunflower Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Steel Cut Oats
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice, sea salt, cinnamon, stevia mixture OR chopped nuts
Vanilla Protein Powder
A little pumpkin, a little protein…just in time for fall, but a great treat through the holidays too. Just because you’re eating cleaner, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the pumpkin flavor craze. Since an average slice of pumpkin pie comes in over 320 calories, these bite-size wonders are the bomb: With cleaner ingredients this pumpkin pie protein bombs recipe comes in nearly 50 calories less per serving!
I crafted this full flavor pumpkin pie protein bombs recipe so you can enjoy it as a pre/post workout snack or a healthy option to nibble with your morning coffee. Don’t worry, the kids will love them too!
Pumpkin Pie Protein Bombs Recipe:
- 3 Tbsp Pure Pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup (could use Agave)
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Butter
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- Equal parts sea salt, cinnamon, stevia mixture OR chopped mixed nuts
Pumpkin Pie Protein Bomb Recipe: Directions
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
- Incorporate dry ingredients until all are combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix topping ingredients and set aside.
- Use a spoon or melon ball scoop to shape bombs.
- Chill bombs.
- Roll in topping mixture.
- Store in an airtight container lined with parchment paper so they don’t stick together. Keep them in the fridge and enjoy!