The sun sets on the season of the sundress and sandal and rises on the season of the oversized sweater, comfy cardigan, and fall boot!
One of our favorite seasonal wardrobe staples is a good pair of boots! Whether they’re ankle boots thigh-high, the right boot is all about keeping your feet protected from the elements (before you know it, it’ll be the season for snow boots). But fortunately, you don’t have to sacrifice fashion for function!
The women’s boots trends may change as fast as the seasons. So it’s important to know what’s hip. Whether you love the runway or good ol’ work boots, there’s plenty to choose from!
What Boots Are in for Fall 2021?
From sleek suede to hiking boots, the shoe trends for fall 2021 offer something for every fashionista out there. Let’s take a look at our favorite fall boots and outfit combos this season and how to style them.
- Western Style – A pair of western boots might be popular in certain locales any time of the year. However, it’s making a comeback for more than just cowpokes! Choose just enough cowgirl to add a little oomph but still keep your fall shoes comfortable. Instead of your beloved pair of skinny jeans, pair them with a pair of wide-leg jeans to go with the current trends in denim. Share your favorite finds on FamilyApp!
- Over-the-Knee – Although these have been around for a while, expect to see this trend with a glamorous twist. Whether it’s laces, suede, leather, or metallics, you’ll be sure to make a statement with these sleek and stylish boots. We’ve noticed that extra-long, but slouchier styles are back.
- Lace-Ups / Combat Boots – This style is making a comeback as a trend for fall boots 2021. Dr. Martens are among the favorites when it comes to iconic lace-up boots. Combat boots come in lots of different colors, heights, and styles, too! There are plenty of trendy styles out there to suit every budget and shoe-lover!
- Sleek, Knee-high Boots – Knee-high boots have always been a fall staple, but this year, they’ve taken on an extra-sleek and streamlined look, perfect for eveningwear dresses and miniskirts. These also transition well to the office for a business casual look.
Heels and Toes
- Thick, Chunky, Lug Soles – Whether it’s shorter Chelsea boots or a taller combat boot with laces, thick soles are IN. It follows the current trend of late 90s-early 2000s grunge but mixed with more feminine, chic touches in clothing. You may even get away with pairing more rugged styles like Blundtstones (hello, ankle support) with a dress!
- Cuban Heels – This nod to western-chic is making a comeback in a huge way this fall. Whether it’s on your cowgirl boots or a cute pair of ankle booties, give your outfit a Wild West feel with this style of heel.
- Platform boots – nothing like some groovy 1960s glamor to bring some edge to your wardrobe. Whether they’re the classic white (like the iconic go-go boots) a sleeker black or the oh-so-popular taupe that’s in right now, platform boots can take an outfit from 0 to 100%. Try it paired with groovy patterns, golds, browns, oranges, and earthy hues of the 1970s, or with a pair of flared corduroy pants. You could even finish the outfit off with a chic silk neck scarf. Can you tell we’re totally embracing the groovy 70s?
- Square-toe Boots – Following the spring and summer square-toe shoe trend, fall is keeping up. This square-toe look has come back into style again and again over the years, most recently in the 90s. But we don’t foresee square-toed boots going anywhere soon!
What Are Good Outfit Ideas With Fall Boots?
Fall might seem like the time to slap on the comfy clothes. There are many ways to have fun, though, even when it comes to cooler weather! Fall shoes and jeans are always a classic combo, but you might also want to try some of these sleek styles!.
- Ankle Boots and Straight-Leg– Ankle boots look great with the looser-fitting just-above-the-ankle jeans that have made a comeback in 2021. Even though baggy jeans are in, you can still show off your style with a form-fitting leather jacket or blazer. Leather wingtip brogue ankle boots with that iconic stitching make great office wear, too, if heels feel a little too formal.
- Sweater Dress With Boots – Since fall is the season of cozy sweaters, a classic sweater dress never goes out of style. If you’re looking for a longer boot for fall, the sweater dress might be the way to go. Opt for a shorter dress that will emphasize the slouchy suede boots you’re rocking! If the hemline is a bit longer (right above the knee), opt for a shorter mid-calf or ankle boot. This look can go from the office to after-work drinks. Share your outfit idea on your favorite family app!
- Tall Boots With a Mini Dress – Not all of us are super comfortable with the idea of short hemlines, especially if you’re spending your day bending down to pick up rogue toys or fallen Cheerios. But with an over-the-knee style boot, a pair of tights (or leggings), and a chic, flowy mini-dress, you’ll be comfy all day long!
The cooler months are on their way and there’s no better time to get prepared for fall fashion! Whether you’re on-trend with 2021 styles or stick to a familiar classic, the right footwear makes the most important accessory. Do you have a favorite boot brand that always delivers comfort and style? Or maybe you know some of the best places to go shoe shopping? Share your favorite tips with your fellow fashionistas on FamilyApp!