Peaches are the sweet, juicy summer treat that we can’t get enough of! Read on to find great ideas and the best peach recipes.
Although July is peak-season for peaches, there’s no denying that from May to September, this juicy and delicious fruit is a crowd-pleaser. Frozen peaches are one of my favorite additions to smoothies, as it gives that sweet and tart flavor without having to add ice! I also like to use them in mixed drinks instead of ice to give it a delightfully fruity taste while keeping your drink icy cold.
Best Peach Recipes: Side Dishes
- Peach salsa: Fresh peach salsa is a fantastic side that’s bursting with summer flavor. All you’ll need is three peaches, one red onion, half of a red bell pepper, one tomato, one jalepeño. Dice and toss all these ingredients, then add in some spices: cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, and chipotle powder. Try it with chips or over grilled fish or chicken!
- Peaches and cream chia seed pudding: This is a snack that’s refreshing and filled with healthy fats and essential nutrients! Add the 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 cup coconut cream and 2 tbsp maple syrup to a mason jar and shake vigorously until well mixed. Then place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Layer the chia pudding in small glasses or mason jar with peach slices. Top with more peaches and whipped coconut cream!
- Grilled peaches: Nothing says summer like firing up the grill! Grilled peaches are juicy, tender, and frankly, perfect. Go ahead and fire it up to high. Brush peach halves (pits removed) with oil and grill until golden brown. Top each one with a few teaspoons of melted butter and cinnamon sugar! Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Grilled Peaches with Browned Butter
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp honey we love local honey, but use what you have!
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe, firm peaches halved and pits removed
- 4 slices bread pulsed into fine crumbs about 2 cups
- 4 tbsp salted butter melted
- 3 tbsp cinnamon sugar more or less to your own taste
Bread Crumb Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the breadcrumbs, butter, and cinnamon sugar to the baking sheet and toss to coat the crumbs. Transfer to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes--until toasted. Watch closely to make sure they're not burning.
Browned Butter Topping
- Add the butter to a skillet set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown until it's a deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the butter to a bowl. Stir in the honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil. Grill the fruit for 2-3 minutes or until char marks appear, flip and grill another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and immediately drizzle each peach with browned butter. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon toast crumbs! Enjoy!
- Baked peaches: If you’re not in the mood to fire up the grill, baked peaches can have the same, delicious, peachy result! They taste like the purest, most intense version of what a peach should be. In a bowl, whisk together melted butter, cinnamon, honey, brown sugar, and if you’re feeling wild, a little bit of bourbon or rum. Generously spoon the filling inside the peaches. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until tender.
Best Peach Recipes: Desserts
- Peach cobbler: Think of a piping hot, peach cobbler fresh out of the oven, paired with cold, homestyle vanilla ice cream. Hungry yet? My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Check out this recipe for the yummy dessert. The tang of the lemon juice complements the sweetness of the peaches, perfectly paired with a crisp topping.
- Fresh peach ice cream: This is one of my dad’s favorites! Smooth and creamy, nothing beats the taste of homemade ice cream. All you need is 6 eggs, 3 1/2 cups of sugar, 5 cups of fresh pureed peaches, 4 cups of heavy cream, 2 cups of half and half, 2 tsp vanilla, and 3/4 tsp salt! Mix together eggs, sugar, and peach puree. Then stir in cream, half and half, vanilla, and salt and mix well. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ginger peach pie: When you try this recipe with a homemade crust, ripe peaches, fresh ginger and warm cinnamon spice, you’ll forget all other peach pies exist.
Share Your Peach Recipes!
We can’t wait to try out all of these delightfully fresh peach recipes! What are some of your favorite ways to cook or bake with peaches? Let us know in the comments or share with the ones you love on FamilyApp!