Mediterranean Quinoa Salad: A Delicious Instant-Pot Recipe
There’s nothing quite like the taste of a light and delicious Mediterranean quinoa salad to complement any spring luncheon or summer picnic. Read on for a favorite dish from Nita Jain of Taaza Table!Jump to Recipe
*This article contains affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything, but if you click on the link and buy something, we’ll earn a small commission to help our writing team create more great articles.*
My name is Nita and I am passionate about creating whole grain, plant-based, vegan recipes for everyone to enjoy. The word “Taaza” means “Fresh,” and my table is always topped with food that is healthy, organic, tasty, and above all, fresh. I am Certified in Plant-Based Nutrition through The Center of Nutrition Studies at Cornell University.
Originally from India and raised a vegetarian, cooking quality food has always been a passion of mine. Traveling to new lands and relocating to the United States exposed me to a variety of new and exotic cuisines, aromatic spices, superfoods, and more.
Food has the power to transform lives and improve health when the ingredients are pure and the recipe is right. My mission is to share the recipes and experiences which saved me, so that others may uncover the potential of the “taaza” lifestyle in their own health journeys.
Health Benefits of Mediterranan Food
The Mediterranean Diet, which emphasizes eating fresh plant-based foods like legumes, fresh vegetables, whole grains, and healthy oils, as well as fresh fish and lean proteins, consistently ranks as the #1 diet plan for overall health, weight loss, and chronic disease prevention. A January 2022 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that eating a Mediterranean Diet can slow down age-related brain atrophy. This finding may have substantial implications for the way doctors and scientists approach diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Beyond brain health, a Mediterranean Diet can also reduce inflammation and stabilize blood sugar levels, thus improving overall health. So the bottom line: by enjoying this delicious Mediterranean quinoa salad, which is a delicious part of the overall Mediterranean diet, you’re investing in your overall health and wellness.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This easy, yummy, and healthy Mediterranean quinoa salad takes less than three minutes to cook! Pack it in lunch boxes, or serve it as a quick meal during busy weeks. The freshness from the parsley and lemon juice, creaminess from the feta cheese, and crunchy toppings make this salad so delectable and satisfying.
One of the best parts about this salad is it’s so easy to make! The Instant pot is one of my favorite and most usable kitchen appliances at home. It features an electric pressure cooker setting to make dishes in under 10-15 minutes. I love making oatmeal, soups, grains, rice, and vegetables in it. Being a vegan and making fresh meals 3 times a day, I experimented with making quinoa in the Instant Pot one afternoon, and I was extremely happy with the results.
Instant Pot Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes split in halves
- 1/2 English cucumber chopped (with skin)
- 3/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 package (8 oz) Vegan feta cheese (Violife brand) cut into cubes
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt to taste
- crushed pepper to taste
- Wash and add 1 cup quinoa to the Instant Pot along with 1:1/4 cups water and pinch of salt.
- Mix and secure the lid. Select the “Pressure Cook” setting at high pressure and set the cook time to 3 minutes.
- Once the 3 minute timer has completed and beeps, allow a natural release for 5 minutes and then switch the Pressure Release knob from sealing to venting to release any remaining steam. Open the instant pot and allow the quinoa to cool down a little.
- While quina cools, chop everything needed for the salad. Add the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and lemon juice to the Instant Pot.
- Give it a nice mix and garnish it with vegan feta cheese cubes. You can also add an optional drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to top the salad. Enjoy!
Extra Notes Tips for Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Feel free to experiment with additional flavors to complement the dish. Kalamata olives and artichoke hearts also add a nice rich flavor.
If you’re not vegan, you can sub regular feta into the quinoa salad, or add chicken for some protein.
This dish tastes delicious hot or cold. So enjoy the quinoa salad right after cooking, or after you’ve let it chill in the refrigerator for a while. Put it in a large bowl and serve as a side dish or main course.
Have you tried this quinoa salad, or do you have any extra ideas to add this into your next meal plan? Let us know on social #getfamilyapp.
And for more of Nita’s delicious recipes, be sure to follow her on Instagram @taazatable!