From the stunning Luxembourg Gardens to the top of the Eiffel Tower, there’s plenty to see and do in the city of Paris. Check out our travel tips to make tho most of your next trip to France!
Paris may be one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. But, given its sophistication and style, it might not seem like the ideal place for children. Fortunately, there’s more to the city than the shops of Boulevard Saint-Germain and the Champs-Élysées! In fact, there are plenty of Paris vacation ideas that are a lot of fun for kids to explore. From beautiful local parks to intriguing historic sites, it’s worth sharing your findings with others on a family app!
What Should I Do on My First Trip to Paris?
Certain landmarks are almost required-viewing when it comes to visiting the French capital. And the following world-famous attractions will also please your kids! You may even want to share them on FamilyApp.
- Eiffel Tower– Young children may not want to spend a lot of time standing around a museum. But a Paris vacation itinerary is full of historic monuments that don’t require standing around. The Eiffel Tower is the city’s most recognizable landmark and one that shouldn’t be missed! While the view from the ground is pretty spectacular, wait until you take the elevator to the top.
- Palace of Versailles – Like Disneyland Paris, this famed palace will take a little bit of time to get to. But, for the kid who loves history, this is among the grandest palaces of all! Built in 1661 at the whim of Louis XIV, this palace is one of the city’s most popular tourist attractions. Your kids will love exploring the history of the palace where the kings lived up until the French Revolution.
What Can Toddlers Do in Paris?
It goes without saying that kids like their amusement and nothing says fun like an amusement park! While there are plenty of Paris family vacation ideas, this can be great for getting your children into the spirit.
- Jardin D’Acclimation– Bois de Boulogne may be one of the city’s best parks, but many people don’t know about the amusement park located within! In addition to plenty of rides, your kids will love watching the farm animals carouse. There are even puppet shows to add to your Paris family vacation itinerary!
- Disneyland Paris– It might sound strange to head to an American adventure park when you’re visiting Europe. But this can be a way to endear your children to local customs since Mickey Mouse speaks French! While getting here requires a train ride from the city, your children will love this familiar favorite. You may even want to share your experience with others on a family app.
What Can You Do for Free in Paris?
For those who like nature, even in the urban landscape, there’s no shortage of green spaces in the city center. Luckily, it’s also a good option if you’re trying to see Paris for families on a budget.
- Parc des Buttes-Chaumont– It may take a bit of a climb to get to this destination in the 19th arrondissement. But the stunning bluff of Parc des Buttes-Chaumont will certainly make it worth the journey! Whether your kids roll down the hills or hang out at the pond, this is a striking urban park worth a visit.
- Luxembourg Gardens– Located in the heart of the city, this is among the most popular urban parks anywhere in the world. Not only is it a destination for Parisians, but it’s also surrounded by plenty of cafes, patisseries and even museums. Of course, the park area is enough on its own! Whether your children play on the playground or watch summer puppet shows, these gardens offer a breather from the busyness.
From the French language to the Paris weather, this city is one of the most enchanting in the world. And there are plenty of things there that will amuse them! Whether it’s the grassy Luxembourg Gardens or the stately Palace of Versailles, it’s a city set to inspire their curiosity. Do you have a favorite family destination in Paris? Share your ideas with us in our comments. From food to art to all things French, you won’t run out of great ideas!