Amusement parks are the perfect family getaway. Whether you head to the water park Schlitterbahn or visit the Magic Kingdom, there’s fun for everyone!
Summer provides a great opportunity to visit one of these attractions, but many are open all year-long, too. Why not plan a vacation for spring break? When it comes to family fun, there are few places better than amusement parks.Whether you’re looking for water parks or the best roller coasters in the country, exciting travel options await!
What Are Some Fun American Theme Parks?
It all depends on who you ask! With so many great choices, it’s tough to pick one favorite, but here are a few of the best amusement parks:
- Diggerland – Located in New Jersey, this park is perfect for kids who like to get their hands dirty and work hard, since they’ll get their kicks operating heavy machinery! All of the equipment is adjusted for safe use so the whole family can have fun playing around. You may even want to share this unique park on FamilyApp!
- Islands of Adventure – It may be known for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which was added in 2010. However, this unique theme park has an adventure for every family member! Whether you visit Skull Island or Jurassic Park, there’s no shortage of excitement and intrigue.
- Magic Kingdom –This is one of the best amusement parks in Florida for family fun and kiddie rides. Whether your children want to visit Cinderella’s Castle or ride Disney-themed rides, it’s an adventure for young and old.
What Are Some Great Family Amusement Parks?
Not every child or parent wants to hit up the rides. Luckily, whether water or botanical gardens are your thing, there are different kinds of amusement parks to suite everyone.
- Schlitterbahn – If your family’s looking for a different kind of adventure, this destination is among the best amusement parks in Texas! Noted as the best water park for 13 years running, you’ll find everything from water slides to wave pools. There’s even a lazy river for low-key fun.
- Balboa Park – It might sound fairly simple, but this 1200-acre urban park in San Diego is quite an attraction. Whether you enjoy the flowers, the museums or the world-famous San Diego Zoo, there’s fun for everyone! Whatever the adventure, this is one of the best amusement parks in California.
Where Are the Best Roller Coasters?
If your kids are a little older, they might be looking for amusement parks that will give them a thrill. For the best coasters in the United States, the following destinations hit the mark.
- Cedar Point – This park might not have the prominence of Disneyland or Universal Studios. However, it does have 18 coasters that will make your family scream with thrills and chills! As one of the best amusement parks in Ohio, your family will love rides like Blue Streak and Wilderness Run.
- Busch Gardens – The popular park of Busch Gardens may be themed after a number of different European cities. However, there’s more than Oktoberfest fun and Parisian streets that make this one of the best amusement parks in Virginia! You can try out thrilling coasters like Loch Ness Monster, Griffon and Tempesto, a ride full of heart-pounding twists!
Whether you’re interested in family fun, thrilling rollercoasters or botanical gardens, there are amusement parks for every occasion. Do you have a favorite amusement park destination with your family? If so, share it with us in our comments! From Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom to the water-bound adventures of Schlitterbahn, there are thrills for everyone.