Weekend mornings are a perfect time to gather your friends for something low-key. And with a little planning and the right recipes, you can host a delicious brunch!
Tips to Host a Brunch
There are plenty of great ways to throw a fabulous party for family and friends. While an afternoon barbecue or evening soiree can be fun, brunch can be perfect for an understated gathering. Fortunately, this popular mid-day meal can be pretty easy to prep, too! With a few brunch-at-home ideas, you’ll be well on your way to an event everyone will remember.
How to Host a Brunch at Home?
This meal between nine and two can be the best way to get friends and family over for fun! But it goes without saying that planning a party on your own is full of challenges. Fortunately, by keeping the following things in mind you can host a brunch at home with stellar success!
- Pick a Color Palette– The right color scheme can pull your party together like nothing else. In addition to the centerpieces and decorations, focus on the table setting too. Be sure to share your tips with others on a family app!
- Make a Special Drink– Most people will be happy with the option of coffee or tea. But, if you want to host a brunch that really sings, come up with your own beverage! While a classic mimosa always works, concocting your own cocktail can really impress.
- Provide a Few Options– It can be easier to focus on one main dish that all of your guests can dive into. However, the beauty of brunch is providing options that everyone will enjoy. Why choose between sweet and savory when you can do a bit of both?
When Hosting a Brunch, What Can I Prepare the Day Before?
It’s always more fun to have people over when you’ve done some of the legwork ahead of time. Luckily, plenty of the best brunch recipes are pretty easy to prepare! While setting your table the night before helps, you can make items like scones and muffins ahead of time All you have to do is freeze them then thaw them out before the big day. You can also put together a breakfast casserole the night before so all you have to do is bake it. Share your casserole options with others on FamilyApp!
What Are Easy Brunch Ideas to Make?
Brunch doesn’t have to be a fancy affair. Instead of all the fuss, try some simple recipes that will still be sure to impress your invitees.
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole– This is the kind of item that will really set apart your host a brunch menu! Luckily, you can actually assemble it the night before. Simply add eggs, cream, sugar, bread, and blueberries together with a brown sugar drizzle. Everyone will love this delicious dish- try this recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction!
- Breakfast Casserole– The idea of pulling out the casserole dish before twelve might seem a little strange. But a breakfast bake is the kind of dish that is plenty flavorful and easy to prepare! Whatever combinations you choose, this is a hearty way to start the day. This sausage-hash brown recipe from Southern Living is always a crowd-pleaser.
What Are Some Tasty Brunch Ideas?
There’s no shortage of creative recipes out there that will be sure to have your guests’ tongues wagging. Skip the waffles and spring for one of these unique dishes.
- Quiche Valerie – Few brunch recipes will impress your guests quite like this quiche. Fortunately, you can skimp a little and buy a piecrust if you’re not into that much labor. Whatever your favorite spices or vegetables, add them to eggs for a seasonal, sophisticated entree. Share your invention with others on a family app!
- Breakfast Tacos– There are plenty of ways to make your meal one-of-a-kind, and a taco twist is one! Instead of the familiar fixings, top yours with eggs, bacon bits, salsa, and avocado. You may even want to substitute tortillas with pancakes and go for some sweet toppers. Or wrap up your tacos and bake in the oven for a breakfast burrito instead. Breakfast tacos also go great with some inventive brunch drinks!
There are plenty of details to deal with when you host a brunch party. But, by choosing a theme and preparing food ahead of time, you’ll be good to go for the morning. Do you have any tips to host a brunch? Share them with others in our comments! With so many ways to do it and so many great recipes, you won’t run out of fabulous ideas!