Making a delectable weekday dinner can seem like a challenge. Fortunately, with delicious and simple dinner recipes like Cobb salad and quesadillas, you may just find a new dinnertime favorite!
There are those who enjoy their time in the kitchen, and those who would rather do something else. But, when it comes to weekdays, it can be hard to spend the extra time slaving over a meal. Luckily, there are plenty of simple dinner recipes for family out there that don’t require a lot of labor. Whether you’re looking for something super-healthy or perhaps a bit heartier, try out one of the following options.
Simple dinner recipes
It might be tempting to eat out on a weekday. But there are simple dinner recipes that offer up great flavors without much effort. Whether it’s with beef or chicken, these healthy salad options will please with ease!
- Quinoa Lentil Salad – It can be hard to find simple dinner recipes for one. Luckily, this salad can be customized and has healthy appeal too! With quinoa, lentils, carrots, and cucumber, it also has a homemade vinaigrette with lemon and honey that really pops!
- Grilled Cobb Salad – Salad may not feel like the type of dish that can fill you up. Fortunately, whether you make it vegetarian or with protein this grilled option is great! By cooking scallions and tomatoes, and adding avocado and quinoa, you’ll get a warm dinner dish.
What should I cook for dinner tonight?
If you’re using a slow cooker or looking for something heavier, a salad might not be the thing to satiate. These simple dinner recipes for beginners that can still be hearty!
- Sesame Chicken– This dish might sound fancy, but it’s one of many simple dinner recipes with chicken that’s easy to execute! Your main ingredients are rice, chicken, bell peppers and onions. Once the vegetables are done, cook and coat the chicken in a sriracha honey sauce your family won’t forget.
- Beef Stroganoff– This might be the sort of pasta dish that’s sure to impress. But beef stroganoff is easier than it looks with garlic, mushrooms and a bit of cream! By cooking mushrooms with beef, adding white wine, and finishing with pasta and cream, you’ll have a comforting family feast.
What are favorite kids foods?
Sometimes the hardest people to please at your dinner table will be your children. Luckily, with these easy, cheese-centric recipes you’ll have some simple dinner recipes your kids will love.
- Ziti Bake– This Rachael Ray recipe might have a lot of cheese, but it won’t take long to make once you’ve got your ingredients ready. Simply simmer tomatoes, garlic, and basil in a saucepan. Make a béchamel sauce and layer it with tomato sauce over pasta. Once it’s covered with cheese and in the oven, it’s 5 minutes to eating time.
- Make-Your-Own-Quesadillas– Kids like to play with their food, and they usually like Mexican dishes. Fortunately, your own weeknight quesadilla bar can provide the best of both worlds! Few things are as easy to make as quesadillas. And, by adding your own topping options, this works as simple dinner recipes for 2 or 4. It even works well as a side dish with salad.
Our busy lives can make it hard to come up with good dinners ideas on the weeknights. Fortunately, whether you’re looking for healthy or hearty, there are many simple dinner recipes that take less than 30 minutes! Do you have any favorite weekday dinner recipes that are simple and tasty? Share them with on FamilyApp or use the comments! It might seem like weekday meals are a struggle, but there are ways to make them delicious and easy.