Looking for some healthy Optavia recipes to help support your healthy lifestyle? Read on for some delicious meals and desserts.
*As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.*Jump to Recipe
What Is Optavia?
Optavia is a diet owned by Medifast, a company that sells meal replacements for weight loss. Both of these are similar to the Keto diet in that they are low-carb. Optavia is a more structured plan in which you’re mentored by an Optavia “health coach” who guides you and encourages you along the way. On this plan, you’ll enjoy their meals, as well as your own Optavia recipes.
What Is a Lean and Green Meal?
A Lean & Green meal is comprised of 5 to 7 ounces of cooked lean protein, three servings of non-starchy vegetables, and up to two servings of healthy fats (depending on your protein choice). The idea is to limit the carbs you eat and capitalize on lean protein and veggies.
What Are Some Good Optavia Recipes?
If you’re on the Optimal Weight 5 and 1 plan, you’re probably looking for lots of lean and green recipes. Here are some ideas for delicious-sounding recipes with lots of flavor so you can jump-start your plan. It could also help you build up a recipe book filled with nutrient-rich meals:
- Spaghetti Squash Gratin– Gratin is one of my favorite dishes, and just because you’re working on re-framing your relationship with food, it doesn’t mean you have to completely give up the things you love. This alternative recipe with spaghetti squash is the perfect compromise!
- Kale, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Muffins– These are perfect for brunch or lunch, and just the right size! You just need eggs, liquid egg whites, plain (low-fat) greek yogurt, crumbled goat cheese, salt, kale, and cherry tomatoes!
Kale, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Muffins
- 9 large eggs
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 oz kale
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- cooking spray
Kale, Tomato, and Goat Cheese Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 °F
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, Greek yogurt, goat cheese, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the kale and cherry tomatoes.
- Lightly grease two muffin tins and divide the batter evenly among the 24 wells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Grilled Chicken– For this yummy dish, make your pesto with low-fat Italian dressing, fresh basil, parmesan, and pine nuts. Then top your zucchini noodles with grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, your pesto, and red pepper flakes. This chicken pesto dish will keep you full with plenty of protein!
- Cheeseburger Pie– This is a recipe that makes me hungry thinking about it. It has a crust made of spaghetti squash and the ground beef filling made with all the fixins. It has diced onion, eggs, low-fat Greek yogurt, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, reduced-fat cheese, and pickle slices. The whole family will want a piece!
Optavia Recipes With Shrimp
- Avocado Lime Shrimp Salad– Shrimp, tomato, avocado, jalapeno, green onion, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper make this dish delectably fresh and light. The citrus is bright and pairs perfectly with the shrimp.
- Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps— I think using lettuce as wraps really lets the flavors of the other ingredients shine. With shrimp seasoned with Old Bay Blackened seasoning, finish your lettuce wraps with a mixture of plain Greek yogurt (2%), avocado, lime juice, diced tomato, diced green bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and a deseeded jalapeno pepper! This recipe is sure to have some kick!
Optavia Recipes for Dessert
- Thin Mints: Good news: Those Girl Scout Cookies no longer have power over you with this Optavia-friendly dupe. For this recipe, you’ll need 2 packets of Optavia Essential Decadent Double Chocolate Brownie, 2 Optavia Essential Chocolate Mint Cookie Crisp Bars, liquid egg substitute, unsweetened almond milk, and a little bit of mint extract.
- Silky Peanut Butter Cookies: Is there anything better than a peanut butter cookie, hot and fresh out of the oven? For this, use 4 packets of Optavia Essential Silky Peanut Butter Shake, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tbsp butter, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/8 tsp sea salt.
Keep Up the Good Work!
Has Optavia been working for you yet? How has your relationship with food changed? Share your victories with the ones you love on FamilyApp. You could also make your own group to encourage others who are on the journey with you! Good luck on your journey towards wellness; you’ve got this!