There are few holidays that conjure up the kind of fun Halloween does. Orange Halloween food, fall decorations, and the perfect pumpkins will make it a party to remember!
For many people, Halloween is a holiday that is easy to forget once the age for trick or treating has passed. Fortunately, this special dress-up day can be fun no matter what age you are! Whether you want to throw a costume party or indulge in Halloween food, there are many ways to celebrate. With a few decorations and some simple recipes, you’ll be well on your way to having a new favorite holiday!
What should I decorate for Halloween?
Having the right decorations for your Halloween party might seem expensive. But, there are plenty of fun, frightful ways to dress up your home without the added expense. When it comes to creating mood, the right lighting goes a long way! Pick up a few 15-watt light bulbs from the store to dim the atmosphere. For something even creepier, try colored bulbs like orange or red! With the right lighting, it’s easy to add a few accents to your home to really get the party started. Try a cheesecloth material in black that you can decorate lampshades and furniture with for a spider-webbed look! If you want to go high-tech, project Halloween-influenced images onto one wall or play some mood music. With the right home décor and some Halloween food decorations, your party will look the part!
What are the best Halloween party themes?
One of the best parts of a Halloween party is using a fun theme to inspire your get your guests. You can even test out Halloween food recipes to complement your choice! You may want to have everyone come as their favorite Halloween movie character. Whether it’s Beetlejuice or a Ghostbuster, it’s fun for everyone to concoct something unique. Or, you may want a party centered on a single theme like The Nightmare Before Christmas or a murder mystery. A haunted house theme can also offer up plenty of scary surprises to freak out your guests.
But a Halloween-inspired theme doesn’t have to be scary! Whether you go with a Nancy Drew mystery or Harry Potter theme, your children will look forward to next year. You can even serve these delicious treats at a fall harvest party or other seasonal gatherings.
What are some great Halloween food ideas?
From start to finish, there are many tasty Halloween treats that will inspire fear (and appetites)! Whether an appetizer, a drink or dessert, try out one of these Halloween food recipes this season.
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball– Few appetizers will be as charming as this pumpkin-shaped cheese! It’s also easy to execute. Start by mixing cream cheese, shredded cheddar, minced onion, cumin, salsa, and jalapeno together. Put onto plastic wrap and form into a pumpkin shape, then refrigerate for two hours. To serve, roll in crushed nacho chips for color, and add a bell pepper stem for the perfect side dish!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brain– If you’re up for some creepy Halloween recipes, this no-bake cake can be a great way to impress your guests! Start with a graham cracker crust, and then blend cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, sugar, and gelatin until smooth. Add cream and red food coloring. With some strawberry syrup and a brain-shaped mold, you’ll be on your way to a scary but scrumptious dessert.
- Pumpkin Pie Martini – Halloween party food doesn’t just have to be for the kids! Try this pumpkin pie martini recipe, which is sure to be a big hit with the grown-ups.
Pumpkin Pie Martini
- 2 oz pumpkin vodka
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1/2 oz half and half
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 oz maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon optional garnish for glass
- Combine ingredients with ice in a shaker until chilled. (Less than a minute)
- Pour into glass.
- Garnish rim with crushed graham cracker, sugar, and cinnamon.
Halloween food for a fabulous party
The trick-or-treat season can seem like a challenge when it comes to throwing the best party.
Fortunately, with a few choice decorations and some delectable treats, you can enjoy this spooky holiday! If you have some great ideas for your own easy Halloween food recipes, share them on FamilyApp. The perfect costume and some scary, seasonal food will make it a holiday you’ll look forward to all year.