Group Halloween costumes can be a big task, especially as a parent. If you’re running a little behind on getting a costume together, I have good news: we did some of the research for you! Read on to find some ideas to take your group or family Halloween costume game to a whole new level.
*As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.*
Group Halloween Costumes Ideas
There’s nothing that makes my heart leap for joy when I open that front door like a well-coordinated, adorable group costume. Who doesn’t appreciate a group effort, especially a creative one?
We really like the addition of Hopper and Barb to this Stranger Things costume! Group Halloween Costumes from T.V. shows is a great way to reference pop culture and connect with other fans! This is a great DIY idea and could likely be pulled together from thrift store items. And as an added bonus, you get to eat Eggo’s at some point!
We love a good Squints and Wendy couples costume, but this group costume is great if you have little guys who would be ecstatic to be a “baseball player.” We think Hercules is also an adorable addition to the group, especially if you have a little guy who would love to be a “doggie.”
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
For those fans of literature, this is right up your alley! Never too young to introduce them to the classics, and we love Eric Carle. His vibrant colors and collage-style artwork can make for an eclectic, colorful, and creative group Halloween costume idea! And who doesn’t love that adorable little caterpillar?
Genius! Dad is Count Chocula, Mom is Buzbee (Honey Nut Cheerios), the oldest child is Lucky the Leprechaun (Lucky Charms) and youngest is Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes). The great thing about this costume is the possibilities! Some other options include Captain Crunch, Snap, Crackle, and Pop (Rice Crispies), and Toucan Sam (Fruit Loops). You can also carry a cereal box to more easily identify your character!
A polarizing movie, but we would argue a classic. What we love about this idea is the simplicity, yet easily recognizable characters. Other character ideas include Tina the llama, Pedro, Lafawnduh, or even Summer Wheatley (complete with a “Vote for Summer” T-shirt). How much do you want to bet the little guy on the right can throw a football over them mountains? We can’t get over the tiny Kip! Look at that mustache!
If you lived through the ‘90s, chances are you’re pretty familiar with Beanie Babies. You know, those things we all thought we would collect and one day make a fortune because they would be “collector’s items?” For the vast majority of us, that didn’t work out. But this family costume is an adorable way to take your “animal” costumes to a whole new level by printing out an enormous tag, or even grabbing some craft supplies and doing a little DIY! Animal onesies are a great option, but we love how @uniquelytaylormade pulled together a pink outfit and accented it with the ears, snout, and two-fingered hooves to make an adorable pig costume!
One of my favorite childhood movies was Mary Poppins, so this group Halloween costume has a special place in my heart. A lot of this can be pulled together from the thrift store, or even parts of your everyday wardrobe! Mary and Bert is a cute standalone costume, but Jane and Michael Banks are great for the kids and practically adorable in every way!
The Flintstone Gang
Want to be a modern stone-age family? This is right up your alley! Get the whole family together to be Fred, Wilma, Pebbles, and their pet, Dino. They’re such an iconic family, you’ll have no trouble being instantly recognized! Bonus points if you can get another family to be the Rubbles!
There are few more iconic duos than Forrest and Jenny. While it’s a great couple’s costume, we love the addition of the little Lieutenant Dan.
Some of Our Other Favorite Group Halloween Costumes
As most of these costumes suit a family of four, we have some more group Halloween costume ideas for families with more kids. They are also perfect for your extended family or gang of friends!
Group Halloween Costumes for Bigger Families
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Star-Lord, Groot (you could also do Big Groot and Baby Groot), Gamora, Rocket Racoon, Drax
- Jurassic Park: Alan Grant, Ian Malcolm, Ellie Sattler, John Hammond, Mr. DNA (great for babies), Dinosaurs, Lex and Tim Murphy
- The Flintstones and the Rubbles: Fred, Wilma, Pebbles, Dino; Barney, Betty, and Bamm-Bamm
- The Greatest Showman: Anne Wheeler, P.T. Barnum, Phillip Carlyle, Lettie Lutz (The Bearded Lady)
- The Scooby-Doo Gang: Fred, Daphne, Shaggy, Velma, and Scooby (bonus points for Scrappy-D00!)
- Ghostbusters: Stantz, Venkman, Spengler, Zeddemore, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, ghosts
- Peter Pan: Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinkerbell, Mr. Smee, John, Michael, Crocodile, Nana
- Board Game Crew: Mr. Monopoly, Princess Lolly (Candyland), Cavity Sam (Operation), Hungry Hungry Hippo, Uno Wild Card
- Candy Land Characters: Queen Frostine, Lord Licorice, Princess Lolly, Gramma Nutt, Plumpy, Mr. Mint, Gloppy, King Kandy
- MarioKart: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Toadette, Princess Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Donkey Kong
- Inside Out: Joy, Disgust, Sadness, Fear, Anger
- Disney Villains: Ursula, Cruella DeVille, Gaston, Jafar, Maleficent, Captain Hook, Stepmother, Scar, Queen of Hearts, Mother Gothel
- Snow White and Dwarfs: Snow White, Doc, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Bashful
- Willy Wonka: Willy Wonka, Charlie, Violet Beauregarde, Veruca Salt, Augustus Gloop, Mike TeaVee, Grandpa Joe, Oompa Loompa
- Garden Gnomes
- A “Robot Family” (Get some carboard boxes, spray paint, and get creative!)
- “Space” and Astronauts
- “Waldos” from “Where’s Waldo?” book series
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- ‘Wreck-it Ralph‘ Characters
- “Party Animals:” dress up like animals, grab some party hats and noisemakers!
- The Incredibles
- Despicable Me 2: Gru, Lucy, Edith, Agnes, Margo, and minions
Group Halloween Costumes for Couples and Baby
- Finding Nemo: Dentist, Darla, and Nemo
- The Emperor’s New Groove: Yzma, Kronk, and Kuzco (Bonus points if Kronk carries a little Yzma on his back in a carrier)
- Beekeepers and Bee
- Pokemon: Ash Ketchum, Pikachu, Pokeball
- Back to the Future: Marty, Jennifer, and Doc
- E.T.: Elliot, Gerdie, and E.T.
- Aladdin: Aladdin, Jasmine, and Abu
- Star Wars, Return of the Jedi: Han, Leia, and Ewok
- Popeye, Olive Oyl, and Spinach
For Parent and Child
- Chef and Lobster (and pot!)
- Ratatouille: Remi and Alfredo
- Cruella DeVille and Dalmation
- Curious George and The Man in the Yellow Hat
- The Incredibles: Edna Mode and Jack-Jack
Your Group Halloween Costumes and Style
Can you tell I’m excited for Halloween? I may just be. Halloween is a great time to have some fun and be a little silly. People will love seeing you in a costume, especially if you really commit! Not all costumes have to be scary, and sometimes the most awesome costumes are the ones that are coordinated. Last-minute costumes will still shine if you get excited about them! Don’t get too caught up in the details, the most important part is having a great time and making lasting memories.