There’s more to Christmas drinks than hot chocolate and marshmallows. From hot apple cider to pomegranate mojitos, there are many festive flavors that are sure to impress your guests!
The holiday season is one of the best times of the year to enjoy festivities with family and friends. While cookies and turkey might be commonplace, there are also plenty of homemade Christmas drinks recipes to try. And, they won’t just impress the adults! Whether you’re throwing a low-key brunch or an evening dinner party, there’s something for all ages and tastes. From kid-friendly wassail to a winter spritzer, help your taste buds celebrate the season!
What are the best non-alcoholic drinks?
Kids are too young to enjoy holiday cocktails. But there are plenty of inspired Christmas drinks for kids that will make their holiday season bright.
- Non-Alcoholic Wassail– This mulled cider might often come along with sherry or brandy. But your kids will love the non-alcoholic version. Made with fruit juice, cloves, cinnamon and ginger, this spiced punch will help ring in the holidays. It will be hard to keep it off next year’s Christmas drinks list! You can also buy pre-made wassail from Trader Joe’s!
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa– Hot chocolate might be a favorite treat of kids all year round. This peppermint version is a great way to change up an old tradition. To make yours, add a little peppermint extract to homemade hot cocoa. You may even want whipped cream and crushed peppermints for added cheer.
- Spiced Cider– Whether you do it with apple juice or the real thing, kids will love the hot, tangy taste of cider. This plentiful Christmas time beverage can be found at the grocery store, and all it requires is heat. When it comes to Christmas drinks recipes without alcohol, cider’s an old favorite.
What drinks to serve for brunch?
Whether it’s breakfast, brunch or lunch, the earlier hours don’t mean you have to forget about fun drinks. Friends and family will love one of these cocktails that makes Christmas drinks easy!
- Ginger Orange Cocktail– There are few flavors that summon up Christmas like orange. Fortunately, this cocktail is also easy to make! All you need is sparkling wine, orange juice, pineapple juice, and some grated ginger. You can even use a twist of orange for added appeal. For a nonalcoholic version, switch out the sparkling wine with sprite.
- Pomegranate Mojito – This Cuban cocktail generally comes with rum. And, while you can do it with alcohol, it can also be great without it! In order to have your own refreshing drink, use mint, lime, pomegranate juice, and lemonade. A little bit of soda will also lighten it up.
What are the best Christmas drinks?
In the season of Christmas parties, it’s important to have a few alternative Christmas drinks up your sleeve. Whether it’s punch, mixed drinks or spiced wine, everyone will find a new favorite they can share through FamilyApp.
- Egg Nog Punch– This warm punch is a tradition in the United States. And, it serves up eggnog for those who love the seasonal beverage! To make it, add brandy, egg yolk, and milk together for a drink that will keep you warm. It’s even better when served from a punch bowl.
- Gingerbread Martini– Christmas may not seem like the ideal time for martinis, but it is the season for gingerbread! While you’ll need a shaker for this tasty treat, it only takes a minute to make. For a Christmas temptation, combine Irish cream, vodka, coffee liqueur and gingerbread syrup.
- Winter Spritzer– If you’re not in the mood for wine or cocktails, try one of the best Christmas drinks with vodka! Add together orange juice, lemon-lime soda, cherry juice and vodka for a splashy spritzer. You can even leave out the vodka if you want a non-alcoholic version.
The holiday season is full of time with friends, family and fun treats. You can enjoy fun Christmas drinks for morning brunch or a winter’s eve. Do you have a favorite holiday beverage? Share it with us in our comments! Whether it’s punch, champagne or a gingerbread martini, it’s hard to go wrong this holiday season.