There’s more to holiday beverages than mulled wine and champagne. For a twist on the old staples, try out some mocktail recipes that the whole family will love!
For those who don’t ring in the holidays by drinking alcohol, it’s easy to feel a little frustrated with your lack of fun beverage options. Luckily, that’s where mocktail recipes for Christmas come in! A mocktail is a non-alcoholic mixed drink – or a beverage that is “mocking” a cocktail but without the alcohol.
You might also have heard of a Virgin Colada or Virgin Daiquiri. Those “virgin” options basically have the same recipe as their alcoholic variation but the bartender leaves out the booze. Other mocktail recipes are originally created without any alcohol in mind.
However, both are delicious options so you and other non-drinkers will not miss out on the fun! Share your own ideas for some virgin cocktails with other non-drinkers on your favorite family app!
How Can You Make Non-Alcoholic Drinks at Home?
Whether you’re choosing the alcohol-free lifestyle or not, mocktails can be a tasty addition to any holiday party! While some might require a blender and some fancy gadgets, others are as easy as a little bit of mixing. If you’re trying out mocktail recipes for winter, they can also be a healthier way to enjoy the holidays! From fruity and punchy to spicy and sweet, there’s a taste for every palate. Whether you’re pursuing the sober-curious lifestyle or changing your , it’s time to grab the mixer and celebrate the season!
What Are Some Great Mocktail Recipes to Make During Pregnancy?
Being pregnant doesn’t mean that you have to stick to the same, boring alcohol-free alternatives like water and juice. In fact, the following mocktail recipes and ingredients are so great you might drink them long after the baby arrives!
- Stone Fruit Sangria – Sangria might be one of the most popular Spanish beverages there is. But if you’re living sans-booze, you don’t have to forego this flavorful treat completely! Instead, combine sliced apricots, cherries, and plums with cherry juice, ginger beer, and sparkling water.
- Peach Bellini Mocktail – Few drinks are more sippable in the summertime than the Peach Bellini. Try this classic year-round by adding sparkling apple juice, sugar, and lime juice with peaches. Once you’ve blended till smooth, you’ve got a delectable drink!
- Mommy Mojito – The kids might like this one too, but if your favorite drink is a mojito, you’re in luck! This is one of the easiest mocktail recipes there is with just soda water, lime, and – most importantly – mint! Be sure to share this great mocktail on FamilyApp.
What Are Some Simple Virgin Cocktail Recipes?
If you’re aiming for easy mocktail recipes at home, there are plenty of great drinks that are easy to whip up. Grab some sparkling water or soda and add a garnish for an easy recipe everyone will enjoy!
- Shirley Temple – There aren’t too many mocktails as popular as this classic. It was originally created and named for the famous child star who needed something fun to drink as she dined out with her parents and other celebrities. That means it’s kid-approved! It’s as simple as combining lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, and grenadine. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and share your own version of this classic on your favorite family app!
- Ginger Lime Quencher – This is one of the mocktail recipes that can be tart for kids, but you can refine it for any taste! Mix ginger beer, seltzer, and lime juice together and serve cold for a simply spicy drink to warm up winter.
- Sparkling Cran-apple Cider — This is a great combination of two of the season’s flavors…apple cider and cranberries! And, you’ll feel extra fancy walking around with your flute of sparkling goodness!
Sparkling Cran-apple CiderA delightfully festive mocktail to brighten up the winter!Servings: 1Calories: 80kcalCost: $3
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- 1 splash soda water
- 2 tbsp sugar in dish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon slice or peel
- Dip the top of the flute in water and then dip the rim into sugar dish.
- Add apple cider to the flute.
- Add cranberry juice to the flute.
- Add splash of soda water.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and garnish with slice or peel.
NutritionServing: 20g | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 5mg | Sugar: 12g
- Lemon Pineapple Kiwi Mocktail – It’s as easy as one-two-three for this tropic-inspired drink. If you’re fighting the winter blues, combine a kiwi, pineapple juice, honey, and sparkling water into a blender. Once it’s done, serve it on ice with a bit of mint garnish!
- Cranberry Kombucha Mocktail – For mocktail recipes that are more festive, there’s no taste quite like cranberry. Fortunately, this drink is healthy too! Simply combine cranberry juice and kombucha with ginger and rosemary for a refreshing treat.
Very Merry Mocktails
The right mocktail can be a hit over the holidays no matter what kind of party it is! You don’t even have to have a party to be sipping on these delicious mocktails. You could be cozied up by the fire, snuggled up for a movie, or just in need of a little pick-me-up! Do you have any great mocktail recipes? Share them with other mixologists in our comments! After all, mocktails are about more than Roy Rogers and Shirley Temple, and these recipes seal the deal!