Steak can be the perfect meal when you’re ready to bring out your grill. Whatever cut of meat you’re working with, there are steak marinades out there to add spice! Here are a few favorites.
There’s nothing like enjoying the perfect summertime meal. And the right seasoning and marinades can turn your sizzling steak into mouth-watering perfection. Whether you’re working with flank steak, short ribs, or sirloin, the best steak marinade will make you look like a grill master. Be sure to share your own backyard dinner ideas on your favorite family app with other chefs!
How to Marinate Steak for Grilling?
Steak marinade is an important part of successful grilling, and there are a few necessary ingredients to make it work. Salt and oil are two musts for any marinade. While salt will pull out the juices, it will also help the meat absorb the flavor. The oil will naturally enhance any herbs and spices you use. You may also want to add soy sauce or sugar, depending on what flavor you’re looking for. Keep in mind that ingredients like lemon juice and vinegar can work to tenderize your steak. Once your marinade is ready, prick some holes in the meat so the sauce can be absorbed. Cover the meat with marinade and leave it in a plastic bag, flipping it if needed. It should marinate in the fridge for the recipe’s suggested time until you’re ready to grill!
What Are the Right Marinades for Steak?
There’s no shortage of steak marinade recipes out there that will make for a memorable meal. We’ve pulled a few together for you that will be sure to dazzle the dinner time crowd! Share your own ideas on FamilyApp!
- Classic Marinade – When you’re looking for an easy steak marinade, this classic recipe is it. Mix red wine vinegar, olive oil, and herbs and spices together. Place steaks with the marinade in a Ziploc bag and leave it overnight for optimal flavor.
The Best Ever Steak Marinade
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1½ tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. You can also blend them in a blender if desired.
- Put desired meat into 13x9 inch pan and pour the marinade over the meat. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.
- Fajita Marinade – You can marinate the steak for fajitas for an easy summer meal that will amp up the flavor. Simply add beer, oil, lime juice, spices, and Worcestershire sauce together. Marinate the meat for two hours or even overnight for instant grilling greatness.
- Jamaican Jerk – For something a little bit different, this spicy marinade can be a crowd-pleaser. Blend together fresh herbs and spices, Jamaican pimento, vinegar, and olive oil. If you don’t have pimento, you can opt for allspice instead. Share your Jamaican jerk tricks with others on your favorite family app!
- Carne Asada Marinade – To enjoy this Mexican dish, try a great steak marinade that will unleash its flavors. Whatever cut of meat you go for, you can grill it or pan-fry it. Simply add together red wine vinegar, steak sauce, black pepper, and sage. Leave for at least two hours or marinate steak overnight, then cook to preferred doneness.
If you’ve ever thought the most important part of cooking steak was to preheat the grill, it’s time to think again. In fact, the right steak marinades can tenderize your meat and make for one of the best homemade meals you’ll have. Do you have any tips for grilling steak? Share them with other cooks in our comments! There’s nothing quite like a little time in the backyard to make for a great summer night.