A mani pedi at a local nail salon can be the ultimate in a restful and relaxing experience! Use our manicure-pedicure guide for some tips on what you can expect.
There’s nothing like heading to the local salon or spa for a little pampering. But, if you’ve only done a mani-pedi at home, it can be hard to know what to expect from professional nail services. Fortunately, you can use our handy guide to prepare for your ultimate nail salon experience! After all, a little pampering can go a long way. Be sure to share your questions with others on your favorite family app!
What Should I Expect at the Nail Salon?
When it comes to the first mani-pedi, it can be hard to know how things will go. So use these tips to know what to expect at your local nail salon!
- Highly Trained Professionals – Your manicurist will be professionally trained, so you won’t need to worry about getting a great pedicure or manicure service. This should include everything from hand or foot cleansing and moisturizing to shaping, trimming and buffing the nails.
- Extensive Nail Services and Products – It’s easy enough to do a manicure in your own home. However, most people don’t have the mani pedi equipment that a nail salon does. In addition to nail services and designs, you can choose from extensive polishes and accents for a glam look. This is also true for pedicures too, of course!
- Superior Hygiene and Cleanliness – One of the most important aspects of any good nail salon is respect for hygiene standards. Most salons should have their licenses displayed to ensure they’re aware and abide by proper procedures. There should be no debris, dirty linens or rusty manicure equipment.
What Happens During a Mani Pedi?
When you arrive for your mani pedi experience, you’ll want to talk to the nail specialist about what you’re looking for. Whatever type of service you choose, there are a few things you can count on. In all likelihood, you will get treatments that may include exfoliation, nail conditioning, and cuticle treatment. Most nail salons offer packages that also include a massage or paraffin treatment for sore hands and feet. The nail salon specialist will also shape your nails and buff them to smooth out any ridges. If you opt for polish, they may apply a gel or acrylic coat, which can also be followed by embellishments. Talk to your manicurist about your needs as well as your money and time budget to get the best treatment for you.
How Much Will a Good Mani Pedi Cost?
When deciding on your ideal mani pedi location, don’t go for the Groupon special or location closest to you. Instead, search for a nail salon or spa that is licensed and has good reviews. While you’ll be expected to leave a tip, prices will be somewhere in the following ranges:
- Manicure – Smaller salons will charge $10-15, while mid-range and high-end salons will be between $25-45. If French tips are added, this may cost $5-10. A polish change and paraffin wax treatments will be approximately $5-15.
- Pedicure – Smaller nail salon prices will be about $15-25 for a foot treatment. Pedicures in mid-range and high-end salons will cost approximately $35-50. A mani pedi average cost will be approximately $35-60.
- Acrylic Nails – This type of nail will cost $25-35 at a small nail salon. For mid-range to high-end salons, it will be between $35-70. If fake jewels or multiple colors are chosen, this may cost up to $3-5 per nail.
What Are Some Mani Pedi Options?
There are so many options for those new to the mani pedi that it can be hard to choose. Use our brief guide so you’ll know what you’re getting into before you arrive at the nail salon. Also, talk to your friends on FamilyApp to get some tips for the best nail services near you!
- Basic Polish – A basic polish will only take about 30 minutes and will last approximately 5 days without a chip. If you’re looking for a quick trip to the salon, this can be a good place to start.
- Shellac Mani – This manicure will take about 45 minutes for application; however, the end result can last up to three weeks! Keep in mind that it can do damage to your nail if you remove these without proper care.
- Gel Mani – This mani takes about the same time as a shellac mani and will last a similar amount of time. The mani pedi version will take about twice the time. However, you do have to visit a nail salon to get these filed away.
- Acrylic Mani – An acrylic application will take approximately 1.5 hours to apply. But if you’re looking for a liquid/powder combination that creates a longer nail, this type of nail will be your go-to.
There’s nothing like your first nail salon experience! But, to make it a good one, you’ll want to choose a high-quality salon that offers the services you need. A pedicure or manicure often includes more than simply getting your nails done. Whether a polish change, acrylic nails or a mani pedi combo, get ready for a little relaxation as well!
Do you have any tips for going to the nail salon? Share them with other salon-goers in our comments. After all, a mani pedi can be a great way to truly treat yourself! For more self-care ideas, check out this article!