It can be difficult to keep up energy between lunch and dinner. Fortunately, there are plenty of healthy snacks that are easy to make and will still satisfy your family! Check our favorite ideas for delicious fingerfood here!
As a parent, it can sometimes be a struggle to come up with new meal ideas. However, it’s easy to forget that there’s more to your family’s eating plan than just lunch and dinner. But snack time doesn’t have to be so hard! Instead of fussing over ideas that will take too much time, consider some of the following healthy snacks for kids. They’re easy to prepare, plus your children will also consume some much-needed nutrients.
What are good snacks for school?
Some of the best snacks your family can reach for will be chock full of fruit and vegetables. The following healthy snacks for toddlers will inspire their appetite.
- Fruit Salad – Whatever fruits you choose, this is one of the easiest ways to get your kids into the sweet treat. Try cutting up bananas, oranges and strawberries for a snack that’s super healthy!
- Strawberry Smoothie – The best thing about smoothies is that they’re easy to make. They’re also one of the best healthy snacks for work that you can take to go! Try strawberries, kale, Greek yogurt and milk for a simply divine delight.
- Veggies & Dip – It might not be the most creative of foods, but this is one of the best healthy snacks for kid’s lunches! Cut up some tomato, zucchini and carrots for an easily dippable treat.
What are some hearty and healthy snacks?
Starches like sweet potatoes and whole wheat bread are ideal for filling your children up. Luckily, these healthy snacks for kids on the go are also easy to make!
- Sweet Potato Muffins – The starchy sweetness of muffins might make them a kids’ favorite. But, you can really pump up the nutritional factor of the common muffin by adding sweet potatoes. Your children or your spouse will be happy to throw these into their lunch bag!
- Chips & Salsa – This may sound like a sodium-laden snack. However, you can easily cut up pitas or tortillas for a much healthier version. And, if you want to make your own salsa from scratch, this snack is full of health potential.
- Toast & Peanut Butter – There are few snacks as popular as peanut butter. Fortunately, this food is full of protein and healthy fat, making it perfect with toast. Your kids may even want to try almond or cashew butter for one of the best healthy snacks on the go. Add some fruit or chia seeds for an even greater nutrient boost!
What are the healthiest sweets to eat?
There’s more to being a kid than eating healthy snacks. The following desserts still offer nutrients while sweetening up the deal. You may even want to share these fun treats with others on FamilyApp!
- Banana Split Sundaes – Most kids scream for ice cream, whether it’s chocolate, vanilla or butter pecan. Luckily, a banana split will at least allow you to get some fruit in there. It doesn’t mean it still can’t be finished with whipped cream and chocolate sauce though!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – It may not be high on the healthy snacks list. But, you can make this old favorite a little healthier by using whole-wheat flour. You may even be able to replace some of the butter with applesauce for added nutrition!
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn – Popcorn isn’t exactly veggie sticks, but it’s practically a necessity when it comes to kids. Instead of the standard, try it topped with cinnamon and sugar for a sweet take on the salty staple.
One of the most important parts of the day for kids is snack time. But, it’s also important for adults to get the nutrients and energy they need throughout the day! Does your family have some healthy snacks for work or school? Share your go-tos in our comments! Whether you spring for healthy options or satisfy a sweet tooth, the whole family will love these snacks!