As the country’s most prominent West Coast city, Vancouver Canada is an international destination! There’s plenty to see whether you explore Granville Island or the stunning beaches of English Bay.
It might be less familiar than San Francisco or New York, but this North American city has plenty to offer. From its stunning West Coast beauty to attractions like Granville Island and Stanley Park, there’s no shortage of fun. It’s also a great place to explore much of what British Columbia has to offer! So, whether you want to shop or enjoy the city’s coffee culture, there’s plenty to do in Vancouver.
Why go to Vancouver?
Whether you want to hike the Rocky Mountains or experience the beauty of nature, there are many reasons to visit Canada. But, this city can be the ideal place to enjoy what the country has to offer. While visitors will be dazzled by English Bay and the mountains, there’s more to the city than meets the eye! You can visit one of its many beaches, ride the Sea-to-Sky Gondola or walk the shops of Robson Street. As a West Coast port city, it’s also located close to Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, and Seattle, Washington.
What is Vancouver known for?
- Stanley Park – Sometimes a park is just a park, but this city park can be compared to little else! Voted as one of the best parks in the world, Stanley Park is located in the downtown core. In addition to breathtaking views of the English Bay, it’s home to the Vancouver Aquarium and plenty of old growth forest. Whether you’re visiting the totem poles or instilling a love of nature, it’s a must-see destination to share on a family app.
- Robson Street – Known as one of Canada’s most popular retail destinations, Robson Street is the nexus of the city! You can head to a bookstore or eat chocolate at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Otherwise, you may want to shop or go for some of the city’s best sushi! In addition to many cafes and Vancouver Canada hotels, you can shop at Sephora, Banana Republic, and Roots.
- Granville Island – This island is just a short sea taxi ride away from the city center. But, as busy as it is, it will feel like a little escape from the every day! If you find a great art studio or enjoy the market foods, share your findings on a family app. In addition to plenty of great restaurants, you can also enjoy fantastic views of the city center and West Vancouver.
How do I spend a day in Vancouver?
- Capilano Suspension Bridge – One of the most amazing things about the city is the mild Vancouver weather, which stimulates the local vegetation. The Capilano Suspension Bridge will give you the perfect view from 70 meters above! Fortunately, there’s more than just a bridge too. You can take the Cliffwalk or Treetops Adventure, where you can walk on suspension bridges among the trees.
- Main Street – Just a hop and a skip from downtown, this just happens to be one of North America’s coolest streets. In addition to juice bars, restaurants, and pubs, it’s home to the West Coast’s thriving craft brewery scene. If you’re looking for the best local brews, head to 33 Acres, Brassneck or the Cascade Room. You may even want to share your findings on FamilyApp!
- Gastown – Located in downtown Vancouver, this is one of the areas most popular neighborhoods for tourism. From souvenir shops and design stores to cobblestone streets, Gastown makes for an enjoyable walk on a busy Saturday. Luckily, you can even take in local landmarks like the statue of Gassy Jack, the Gastown Steam Clock, and Victory Square.
Whether you’re heading to the park or planning a shopping trip, there’s plenty to do in this West Coast city. Luckily, with its prime location close to the mountains and the sea, you can enjoy its beauty from everywhere! Do you have a few favorite Vancouver Canada things to do? Share it with us in our comments! As one of the country’s favorite destinations, the city has something for everyone to enjoy.