It’s not unusual to have a lot of questions about being pregnant. Fortunately, there are many pregnancy apps that can provide answers and support along the way! Find out which one to choose here!
From choosing the birth location to decorating the room, an awful lot goes into having a baby. And that doesn’t even include all the baby tips you have to be aware of after birth! Fortunately, technology can make being informed easier than it’s ever been with plenty of pregnancy apps. Whether you’re looking for timelines or are an excited dad-to-be, there’s a lot of help out there!
What are the best pregnancy apps?
- The Bump– If you’re looking to document the growth of your little one, The Bump is your go-to pregnancy app! This pregnancy app’s free features include everything from 3DF visualization of your baby’s growth to a belly bump photo album. You can even get real-time answers to all your questions!
- Pregnancy Tracker– It’s all in the name when it comes to BabyCenter’s very own app! In addition to a development calendar, there are plenty of pregnancy tips and weekly checklists. There’s even a baby kick counter and a contraction timer, so you may want to share this resource on FamilyApp!
- I’m Expecting – This app may be visually striking, but it will also provide comfort when it comes to navigating pregnancy. In addition to reminders and to-do lists, you can also get information about any symptoms you’re wondering about.
- Baby Names– There are so many things leading up to giving birth that it can be easy to forget about a name! Luckily, this app offers more than 30,000 names where you can check popularity and get ideas. If you’re struggling with pregnancy apps, this can be a great one to have.
The best pregnancy apps for medical and health
Many pregnant women have a lot of questions about their and their baby’s health, especially when they are first-time moms-to-be. If you’re one of them, you should take a look at these apps:
- WebMD Pregnancy – Plenty of pregnancy apps offer fun timelines and pretty pictures. But if you’re looking for solid medical advice, turn to WebMD. You can easily make checklists as well to determine what baby items to buy and what to ask your doctor. You may want to share this with others who want to be well informed on a family app!
- Sprout Pregnancy– This app provides 3D interaction that gives you a view of your growing belly, winning it 4.7 stars on iPhone reviews! There are plenty of key features, too, including a pregnancy journal, a timeline and a weight tracker.
- Baby2Body– For many women, it’s important to maintain their health and fitness while they’re pregnant. Fortunately, Baby2Body works for pre-natal and post-natal health! You can choose workouts tailored to you that offer recipes, podcasts and plenty of breathing exercises.
What is the best pregnancy app for a husband or partner?
There are plenty of ways for a dad-to-be to get in on the app action too! Whether they’re looking for hilarious tips or simply support, the following pregnancy apps for dads are perfect.
- Daddy Up– This fun app is as funny as it is informative, and soon-to-be-dads will love staying aware of things this way! A daddy checklist and the contraction timer will be sure to help all the dad’s down the road! You may even want to share this with other dads on a family app.
- What to Expect– When it comes to pregnancy tracker apps, few fare as well as this one! Simply enter in your due date and you’ll get a daily and week-by-week guide to what’s coming up. This free pregnancy app for Android and iPhone also offers expert tips and parenting articles. Dads can even join with others for an online support group!
- Hello Belly – If you’re looking for the best pregnancy apps for iPhoneto keep things light-hearted, Hello Belly might be for you. While you may not want to rely on it for medical information, it’s perfect for relatable tips and funny illustrations.
Are pregnancy apps sharing your intimate data?
Pregnancy apps for couples can be a fun, social way to help you with your baby bump. But, are these apps posing a problem for privacy? In fact, the Ovia Pregnancy Tracker is an example of an app that does. According to The Washington Post, Ovia Health offered a program where employers could pay to offer employees the app. However, the employers could access the data that was being shared by their employee. While this doesn’t mean your data is being used by every app out there, it’s important to be aware. A free app may be profiting off you of you using it in some other way. As a result, do the research beforehand and read about your chosen app’s privacy policies.
There’s an awful lot of expectation that goes along with being pregnant. And, lucky for you, there’s more resources than ever for expectant moms! Whether you want a timeline or simply some medical advice, an app out there will suit your needs. Do you have some favorite pregnancy apps? Share them with soon-to-be mothers in our comments! There may be a lot to do and know, but a tracking app can really simplify things.