Being a senior citizen doesn’t mean you have to be behind on technology. In fact, there are plenty of apps for seniors that can help with everything from health to finance!
Smartphones and the latest technology might seem like something that young people are in the know about. However, approximately 42 percent of Americans 65 and older own a smartphone! You might think apps are all fun and games, but plenty of apps can appeal to seniors too. Whether they’re looking for financial tips or medical advice, the following apps for seniors might do the trick.
What Are the Best Apps for Seniors?
There are plenty of apps for fun and games. The following apps for seniors can benefit everything from their finances to their reading glasses!
- Can I Retire Yet? – If and when they’ll be able to retire is a big question for a lot of people. However, it’s particularly important when you’re a senior citizen! This free app allows the user to check their goals and track their progress. And, the version you pay for can provide even more in-depth financial planning.
- Taxcaster – Most people who do their own taxes on TurboTax are aware of how helpful it can be. This app by the same company goes a step further to see how your tax return changed. It’s particularly useful for those who want to be in the know about changing tax laws! Share this with other seniors on a family app.
- Senior Discounts – As a senior on a fixed income, one of the most important things is to stay on budget. This is one of the best financial apps for seniors who want to save money! It has plenty of great discounts for 65+ and even offers many extras for those 55 and older!
- Silver Surf – It’s pretty helpful to have glasses to help you read things on your smartphone or iPad. And this great app option takes it a step further by enlarging the buttons and text on screen. It’s perfect for those who need a little visual aid when it comes to texting!
What Are the Best Health Apps?
Few things are as important as keeping your health up as a senior. The following apps for seniors can provide a sense of security and some motivation.
- Red Panic Button – With so many emergency apps for seniors, it can be hard to decide what works best. Fortunately, this app is as easy as it sounds! If you run into trouble and require assistance, press the button on this app. It will send out a message and your whereabouts to your list of people.
- Medisafe – This health app for iPhone and Android OS was created by two brothers after their father took too much insulin. It’s the perfect app for reminding seniors to take their medication! It will also let them know if they’re running low or taking things that shouldn’t be taken together.
- The Fabulous Motivate Me! – It’s important to take care of yourself as you get older, and that means not letting your fitness goals slide. If you’re looking for apps for seniors exercise, this one is both inspiring and fun!
What Are the Best Apps for Seniors 2019?
It can be hard to find the best new apps in the proverbial haystack. Luckily, the following are some of 2019’s latest and greatest apps for seniors!
- Blood Pressure Companion – Many senior citizens go to the drug store or the doctor to get their blood pressure measured, but this app can make that process a lot easier. It will measure your blood pressure and heart rate, and provide handy charts you can show your GP. If you think this will help someone you know, share it on a family app!
- Magnifying Glass With Light – This great app idea will prevent you from having to get out your readers! If you’re in a pinch, this app turns your smartphone into a magnifying glass to help you read. And, the light will automatically turn on when you’re in a low light setting!
- FamilyApp – It can be harder to get up and go as you get older. But, for many seniors it’s very important to stay in touch with loved ones. FamilyApp conveniently allows anyone to connect with friends and family members using their device. It may be well known, but it’s among the best apps for seniors living alone!
A variety of challenges go along with getting older so it’s important to be aware of what can help. Fortunately, there are plenty of apps for seniors that can help in the golden years. Is there an app that has helped you or a senior in your life? Share it with us in our comments! Whether it involves fitness, finance or overall health, there’s an app out there to suit every purpose.