Apple cider vinegar is a household staple that comes with a lot of health potential. Whether you’re looking to lose weight or simply improve your skin, try this secret ingredient today!
From spinach and goji berries to kale and collagen, there are many so-called superfoods and food products out there with health benefits. In fact, there may even be a few hanging out in your fridge that you don’t even know about! Apple cider vinegar (short ACV) is a common household staple. It is made from fermented apple juice. Studies suggest that it can help with weight loss and blood sugar regulation. You may even want to try it if you happen to have a bottle around. If you have any secret household health remedies, share them with other readers in our comments!
Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help With Weight Loss?
According to some studies, consuming ACV may actually lead to weight loss. It is believed that it can lend to a feeling of fullness when taken alongside a meal high in carbohydrates. As a result, a person may consume fewer calories throughout the day. Given that it contains 3 calories per tablespoon, this may be a sustainable and safe option for those watching their calories.
For the right ACV dosage, dilute 1-2 tablespoons in water each day or mix your own apple cider vinegar drink with this recipe for a detox tea.
Apple Cider Vinegar Wake-Up Tea
- 1 cup warm or hot water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey or another sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Stir together and enjoy your tea!
You can also try adding it to salad dressing, condiments, or even soups and stews. However, be sure to always dilute ACV and avoid excess amounts as this can lead to negative side effects.
What Are the Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar?
There are a number of apple cider vinegar health benefits that can help to improve your well-being. Be sure to share your own discoveries on FamilyApp!
- Clears the Skin – For those who are experiencing issues with their skin, the benefits of raw apple cider vinegar for skin can be numerous. Some experts believe it can improve the skin’s barrier and balance its natural PH. Preliminary studies indicate that you might be able to control bacteria on your face by using it as a face wash or toner.
- Kills Harmful Bacteria – People often use vinegar to clean and disinfect things around their home. However, ACV also functions as a food preservative and can actually inhibit the growth of bacteria. Share your food finds that can work as a natural preservative on your favorite family app!
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels – There is research that suggests this versatile vinegar can control blood sugar and insulin levels. One study even showed that drinking apple cider vinegar after eating white bread worked to reduce the blood sugar level by 31.4%! Some believe it can improve the body’s ability to absorb sugar.
- Contains Healthy Acids – Because this vinegar is created when the sugar from apples and yeast is turned into alcohol, it contains effective acids! In fact, acetic acid makes up approximately 6% of ACV. There may not be many vitamins or minerals, but an apple cider vinegar diet can be full of amino acids and antioxidants!
Apple cider vinegar is a common household substance that contains a lot of health benefits. Whether you’re using it for your skin or for managing your blood sugar, there are signs that point to its effectiveness. Do you have any unique uses for ACV? Share your tips with other users in our comments! Making your day a little healthier can be as easy as adding an extra ingredient!