Online dating can be great for finding someone you can get to know even better! If you’re venturing back into love, these dating apps might be the best place to start!
Whether you’re going online or getting back out there, all the dating apps 2020 has to offer can be overwhelming. From profile pictures to all the questions and answers, it can be hard to know where to begin! However, there’s no shortage of choices out there if you’re looking to meet someone who might make for a match. Check out our picks for some of the best dating apps you’ll find!
For those embarking on the adventure of online dating, the following sites can be great for meeting new people. Share your own ideas with other singles on your favorite family app!
- Match.com – Match is one of the oldest online dating apps out there, and it’s still a contender all these years later. If you’re looking for a wide variety of matches, this may be the site for you. Match can be best for serious relationships since it pairs people by their interests, likes, and dislikes.
- Zoosk – If you’re looking for an easy-to-use app that has a broad range of matches, Zoosk is an option. Zoosk can actually pick up on your preferences and will give you matches based on them. It also has plenty of chat icebreakers so you can use an insta-message to meet other singles!
- OkCupid – OkCupid is one of the most popular dating apps on the web and works for a wide variety of users. The site offers in-depth profiles so you can get to know others before reaching out. It will also provide you with the percentage for your potential matches so you can determine who’s best.
It can be hard to know what sites really work when it comes to meeting people. For those who are making a dating resolution next year, this list of dating apps might do the trick.
- Elite Singles - If you consider yourself ambitious, this might be the right site for you! After all, approximately 82 % of daters on this site are college graduates. For that reason, this dating app appeals to an older crowd. In order to determine your matches, it provides a Five Factor Personality Test with some impressive algorithms.
- Bumble – This is one of the best dating apps for women who are looking to be a little choosier. One of the things that distinguish Bumble is that women message first. If their selected guy doesn’t message within 24 hours, he’s lost the opportunity. For those who don’t want to procrastinate on finding a mate, Bumble is ideal! Share this one with other single ladies you know on FamilyApp.
- The League – It might be the least familiar online dating app, but it may corner the market for the ‘cream of the crop’. This app takes into consideration your job title, education and requires your LinkedIn account. While this can be a draw for some, the standards can be limiting for others.
Most dating apps have a variety of free features that users can take advantage of. For those who want to learn the ropes of online dating before buying the following might be right.
- Tinder – Tinder was once known as a hookup app, but these days it’s the gateway to the online dating world. All you need to do to choose a potential mate is swipe right! While profiles don’t have a lot of information, it can work for the person who just wants to get out there.
- Hinge – If you’re looking for dating apps like Tinder, Hinge can be a useful app to try. It used to require sign up through Facebook so that it could match you with someone in your circle. Nowadays, it asks you a variety of questions so that potential matches will get a sense of who you are.
- Happn – Many people romanticize meeting someone while they’re out for a coffee or going to get groceries. Happn takes advantage of that to show you profiles of singles in your area. While tracking can be unsettling, users are not tracked in real-time and can block other users. Share your privacy tips with other daters on your favorite family app.
- Coffee Meets Bagel – Many people think dating apps are depressing because searching through user profiles can be exhausting. Coffee Meets Bagel attempts to alleviate this by sending a daily match! If you’re looking for a little assistance in the love department, it might be a good place to begin.
It might seem like there are a lot of tricks to meeting people in the world of online dating. But by finding the app that’s right for you, you can make new friends and maybe even a match! However, always keep in mind that internet safety is important when meeting people online. So don't give out any personal information too soon and put up a safety net when you arrange a meeting with your potential spouse in real life.
Do you have any tips for those who think dating apps don’t work? Share them with other singles in our comments! There’s no guarantee of success, but you won’t know what’s out there until you try.