It seems everywhere you look, people are wearing fabulous leopard print outfits. Whether they’re donning a luxurious coat or more subtle leopard booties, here are some great ways everyone can wear this look.
*As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.*
Call of the Wild: Why Leopard Print Outfits?
Leopard print flatters just about everyone, which makes it a really fun and interesting neutral. Yes, leopard is a neutral. Within the “leopard” apparel category there’s a lot of versatility in terms of style and pattern. You can dress it up in the form of a nice dress, a pencil skirt or blouse. You can dress it down with cozy jeans and T-shirt or a faux leather jacket. And the right print can work with every body type and coloring. But not all leopard print is created equal, and some styles that look fantastic on one person could spell disaster for another! So here are some different prints and ways to make a leopard print outfit work for you.
Two Factors to Consider for Leopard Print Outfits
This might not come as a huge shock, but just as animal designs come in different shapes, sizes, colors, and patterns, so do we. So we’re going to be the most successful wearing prints that complement our natural assets, rather than conflict with them.
- Color Matters: A clothing print with lots of heavy black accents could be divine on people with richer coloring. But that contrast would completely overwhelm someone with pale skin and reddish hair. So stick with more subdued tones that complement your natural coloring. If you have darker hair and skin, embrace the bold leopard print shirt! But there are other ways to incorporate some chic leopard accents into your wardrobe without overwhelming you.
- Size Matters: Most leopard print is a relatively small pattern, but you’re making a very different statement when you’re wearing a full-length leopard jacket, shirt, or blazer than when you just have a subtle leopard handbag or a pair of flats. Both can be great choices, but one will definitely attract more attention than the other.
What Are Some Good Leopard Outfit Ideas?
It’s hard to go shopping and NOT find some fabulous leopard print outfit ideas, from coats to short sleeve shirts to t-shirt dresses to bikinis! Here are a few of our favorites.
Leopard Print Coat
A leopard print coat is a perfect way to dress your wardrobe up or down. Danni looks like a rockstar pairing hers with a Queen t-shirt, oversized sunglasses, jeans, and booties. Kit has a more neutral look, and we love how the black jeans are playing off of the black within the leopard print.
Leopard Print Dress
We love this chic, feminine, yet modest dress with a medium-high slit from SugarLips. Depending on the shoes or accessories, it would work for a date night, or even a casual daytime look. We love the way Shweta’s paired it with black booties and an alligator purse! What a killer ensemble!
Leopard Print Shoes
Shoes are one of the most versatile ways to add leopard print into your wardrobe. I’ll often wear my favorite Sam Edelman heels to business meetings (and they’re on sale at Amazon!) so I can incorporate something fun within my wardrobe without having it overpower or distract from the point I want to make. Then I’ll pull out my cheetah print (close enough to leopard, right?) Birdies slippers when my feet need to feel cozy again. We love the variety of leopard print shoes that Natalie at @thegirlbanker has in her wardrobe, and I think we might be sole mates.
Leopard Print Pants
These are a great option when you’re ready to make a bold and fun statement. Kylie looks fantastic in these jeans from Molly Green, and we love how she’s paired her leopard with red, adding a perfect color punch to this classic combo.
Leopard Print Hair Accessories
There are lots of ways to add pops of leopard into your wardrobe, and a great headband is a fun way to wear animal print. We love the fun color variations of these hair scarves from Hey Sister Co.!
Mommy and Me Matching
What’s more fun than matching with mommy? We love Jenn’s peplum top with a subtle leopard print paired with black ankle jeans and two-toned brown leather shoes. The hat totally ties it all together! This look is comfortable and light, and would work for any outing you have planned with your little ones!
Other Great Animal Prints to Try
Maybe you adore leopard, but want to add a little diversity to your wardrobe? Or you’re sick and tired of leopard and want to be unique? In either case, there are lots of great options. Here are a few favorites:
- Tiger– Though not as neutrally flattering as leopard, its bold patterns and rich orange tones can be absolutely stunning on the right person. But it definitely does NOT work for everyone!
- Peacock– Is it especially popular right now? Not really, but is it lots of fun? Of course! Try incorporating the rich teal peacock tones into your wardrobe or accessories.
- Zebra– Deep brunettes will look especially stunning with these contrasting white and black tones. Zebra adds a little extra visual complexity to basic black and white stripes but can be incredibly flattering.
- Cheetah– Cheetah’s a close cousin of leopard, and people often use them interchangeably. But the cheetah print is slightly smaller and doesn’t have as much color variation. But both are great options!
- Snakeskin– This is another fun and versatile print that can serve as a neutral. Snake print gives a great texture to your outfits without going too overboard. Some industry insiders consider this to be the most on-trend this spring, so get excited!
So whether you’re wearing leopard, cheetah, zebra, or giraffe prints, let your creativity run wild! What are your favorite ways to wear animal print?