It’s easy to go overboard buying family Christmas gifts for the holidays, but the following ideas will maximize the fun without maxing out your credit cards.
The holidays may be a time of trees, treats, and watching movies with family and friends. But it goes without saying that kids get pretty excited about what they’ll find under the tree. It can be hard to buy the right gift for the whole family, but with some unique family Christmas gifts ideas, you’ll be on your way to giving gifts that keep on giving.
There are plenty of options that aren't too expensive that will thrill the entire family. From cookbooks to personalized PJs, everyone will love these family Christmas gifts under $50.
- The Vintage Baker – One of the most common hangout zones for the entire family is the kitchen. With the gift of an old-school cookbook, you’ll all find new reasons to make sweet treats together as a family. Maybe even ask relatives for some favorite family recipes!
- Pajamas – Many people spend the bulk of their Christmas holiday in pajamas. And with matching PJs for the whole family, you’ll bond over rest, relaxation, and matching prints! This is one of our favorite family Christmas gifts on a budget that you can get cozy with.
- Craft Kit - Whether you have your child paint a mug for Mom, or you work together making an art project or science experiment with a KiwiCrate, there are lots of ways to work on these gift projects together.
Often, just a little personal touch can really make the difference in delighting a kid (or a mom!). Here are a few ideas that can help you celebrate the unique people in your family.
- A Family Print – There can often be a lot of disagreement about family decor. But, after gifting a personalized family print, you’ll have uniquely customized wall art you can all be proud of. You could even make this an annual tradition and get a new custom print each year!
- A Family Theme Gift Basket- Are you movie people? Get some popcorn, theatre candy, and a cozy blanket for some future movie nights! Or are sports more your thing? Stock up on some different balls and running shoes. Whatever your family's into (or might be interested in the future), choose a theme, and buy accordingly.
- A Personalized Puzzle- Pick a favorite photo of your family or child, and you can have it made into a one-of-a-kind puzzle you can all work on together.
It can be hard to come up with family Christmas gifts under $100. However, the holiday season can be a great time to put money aside and plan for a future adventure! You may even want to share your ideas with other parents on FamilyApp.
- Family Fun Bucket List – This may be an inexpensive under-the-tree option. However, having family members write up their own wishes can be great for making future plans! It can also be a way to communicate more about yourselves to each other.
- A Museum Membership – Whether it’s rainy or sunny, it can be hard to know what to do on the weekend. With a family membership to the zoo or a local museum, you’ll always have an option! This can be one of the best family gift ideas for everyone to share.
- Plan a Vacation – Instead of spending money on gifts during Christmas, why not plan for a future vacation? By setting money aside, you’ll be able to teach your kid about discipline and budgeting. And, since you’ll be deciding together, you’ll all be engaged in the process!
Many of the best gifts we'll get for Christmas are the shared experiences with the people we love the most. Often, when we stick to the simple gifts, we'll be able to save money as a family during Christmas, too.
Do you have any favorite family Christmas gifts to make or buy? Let us know what made your Christmas memorable on social at #getfamilyapp! Whether it’s a box under the tree or a future plan, there are many ways to celebrate family this Christmas.