The Christmas party can be a potentially awkward affair for many employees. But there are ways to have a fun time while staying within the bounds of what’s deemed appropriate! Here are some great tips to make the most of your work holiday party!
The Christmas season is a time of gift shopping and festive holiday events. But, one thing that important to mark on the calendar is the annual work party! While not every business has them, holiday parties are a common way for bosses to show appreciation for their employees. But before you head out for the year’s Christmas party, it’s important to know some rules ahead of time. Follow our tips and you’ll be in for some holiday fun! Be sure to share your insights about Christmas on the job with others on your favorite family app.
How Do You Dress for the Christmas Party?
There are many ways to celebrate the holiday season, but when it comes to what to wear some of the same rules apply. While many Christmas party invitations provide a dress code, keep things fun and festive. An outfit like pants and a collared shirt or a dress can work, but dress it up a little for the party.
Keep in mind that if you’re in doubt, it’s a good idea to overdress rather than underdress. Of course, it’s also important to remember that you’re in a professional setting. That means any Christmas party attire that is too outlandish or skimpy will be frowned upon. Remember, you still have to work with these people in a professional setting for a long time after the party. You may want to share your styling tips for celebrating Christmas at work with others on FamilyApp!
How Do You Survive the Work Christmas Party?
The annual party can be a great time to catch up with your favorite team member or fellow co-workers. But, it’s important to know a few things before you head off to party at your office this Christmas!
- Don’t Drink Too Much – The drinks may often be free, but that doesn’t mean you should take full advantage. One or two drinks are OK, but avoid too much alcohol at your Christmas party event. You don’t want to overdo it and say or do something you’ll regret!
- Avoid Work Talk – It might be tempting to let work-related issues dominate your party conversations. However, the office party is a good place for setting those things aside and learning more about each other. Since significant others won’t be aware of work issues, it’s also important to make them feel included.
- Show Gratitude – Every office Christmas party takes a little bit of work to put together. So, instead of forgetting to say “thank you”, acknowledge your bosses and those employees who planned the event. It might not be a big thing, but it can mean a lot.
- Say No to Romance – An office party can be a great way to show off your significant other to your work friends and bosses. But being too friendly with your co-workers is a big no-no as office romances are generally frowned upon. It’s even worse to display them in full view of everyone!
- Attend, No Matter What! – If you’re at death’s door, that might be a reason to skip the office Christmas party. But outside of that, there are not a lot of other good reasons you should miss this holiday event. Absence at the annual shindig can send a message that you’re not invested, so put aside your hesitation and dress up! Also, office parties are a great way to make a good impression and connect with coworkers in a fun setting. The right conversation or two might do more to advance your career than your day-to-day responsibilities at work.
For most people, the office Christmas party is an important part of the holiday season. And while you should make the effort to attend, there are ways to make it fun without overdoing it. Do you have any tips for handling the office party? Share them with us in our comments! With the right outfit and a primed attitude, you can make it a meaningful part of your holiday celebrations!