There are plenty of tasty desserts to tempt in Virginia Beach! Whether your family is passionate about pie or simply craving cupcakes, these destinations offer up sweet rewards.
There are few things kids love more than sweets. From a chocolate cupcake to a bowl of ice cream, they’re a great reward for kids and grown-ups alike! You might enjoy baking together at home with the whole family or heading to a Virginia Beach bakery. From cupcakes and cake pops to Mason jar madness, you’ll love these delicious desserts!
What are the best bakeries in Virginia Beach?
Virginia Beach is home to many delicious bakeries. Here are a few favorites:
- May’s Parlor – This popular bakery is located along the water and is one of the best destinations for everything baked! While they offer items like ‘cruffins’ and croissants, one of their specialties is the popular French macaron. It’s the perfect place for lunch followed by a treat!
- Commune – It’s all in a name at this Virginia Beach bakery. In addition to making everything from scratch, all the ingredients at this destination are locally sourced! For weekend sweets, your kids will love their inspired take on homemade pop tarts.
- Rigoletto Italian Bakery & Cafe – This bakery has been featured on the well-known Food Network show, “Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives”. Luckily, it’s the perfect place to find some of the best desserts Italy has to offer. Whether your family likes traditional treats like cannoli or brioche and cupcakes, there’s a lot to love.
Where are the best desserts in Virginia Beach?
Beyond the standard bakery options, these specialty places offer unique treats from cupcakes and cake pops to decadent breakfast desserts.
- The Bee & The Biscuit – Located in a lovely cottage that dates back to 1919, The Bee & The Biscuit is great for all kinds of special treats. People lose their mind for their colossal cinnamon rolls! And their assorted biscuits, like apple cider, orange zest, berry, and buttermilk will make you wish it were breakfast all day long. While they’re best known for their brunch, don’t miss their signature Mason jar desserts!
- Flour Child Bakery – This small-batch bakery is run by a local mother and daughter team who are passionate about baked goods. From cookies and cakes to brownie bites and cake pops, you’ll find desserts for a crowd at Flour Child.
- Just Cupcakes – There more’s than one dessert destination that’s been featured on television! As shown on “Cupcake Wars”, this is the best place for your kids to get their fix. While the flavors change all the time, you can count on staples like Meyer lemon, coconut, and funfetti.
What are some more sweet destinations?
When the average baked good simply won’t do, there are other places you can head to for something a little different. If you’re a fan of the following desserts destinations, you can even share them on FamilyApp!
- Cold Stone Creamery – People nationwide enjoy Cold Stone Creamery, and Virginia Beach is no exception. Whether you play it straight or go for mix-ins, this will be your children’s favorite spot for ice cream! Whether you pick ice cream or Italian sorbet, with 40 mix-ins available, you won’t run out of unique combinations.
- My Vegan Sweet Tooth – It goes without saying that this is an ideal destination for vegan desserts. But, it’s also great for those who just like sugar! Whether whoopie pies or cinnamon rolls, you can spring for a more conscientious treat.
Whether you want to reward your children or just find a new sweet, there are many great options in Virginia Beach. Do you and your family have some favorite desserts recipes? If so, share them with us in our comments! Whether you’re looking for cupcakes, cannolis or ice cream options, there are plenty of desserts to satisfy a sweet tooth!