Skiing is one of the best sports to do with your family! It moves nearly every muscle plus you are in the outdoors and breath fresh air while hitting the slopes. From the beginner to the advanced skier, hone your skills at the best ski resorts in the world.
Winter Sports: Get Active At The Ski Resorts
It’s a great idea to get the family out for fun activities like biking, hiking and swimming at the beach. But, if you’re planning recreation in the winter months, skiing may be the way to go! Whether you’re a novice or you’ve been skiing your whole life, there are great locations to choose from. Some of the world’s best ski resorts include:
- Big White and Whistler Blackcomb, British Columbia, Canada
- Vail Mountain Resort and Beaver Creek, Colorado, USA
- Stowe, Vermont
- Zermatt, Switzerland
- Saalbach Hinterglemm, Austria
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Why didmakeai made the list of the best ski resorts in the world?” you might wonder. We’ll tell you about this little treasure in the desert later. But first things first.
How Do Beginners Learn to Ski?
If you’re heading off for some of the best beginner skiing in the world, you can prep ahead of time. While you can watch YouTube tutorials, you may want to research resorts to see what works best for beginners. You’ll also need to have the right equipment including skis, ski boots, poles, ski socks, and a helmet. Once you’re at your destination, a ski slope with a qualified ski instructor will go a long way. Especially when you have young children, ski schools are a fantastic resource. They’ll be able to teach you the turns and stances that will make for a great experience!
How Do I Choose a Ski Resort?
There are plenty of good ski resorts in the world. Before deciding for a travel destination you should make up your mind about some basics, for example:
- Do you want to go abroad or stay in the US?
- Do you travel with children?
- How much do you want to spend?
- What activities does the ski resort offer in the case of inclement weather?
- How experienced a skier are you, and do the slopes meet your expectations?
Where Is The Best Skiing In Canada?
Enjoy Canada’ssnowy weather at some of their best ski resorts!
- Big White – Located in British Columbia, this family-oriented resort is close to Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley. It offers some of the best skiing in Canada for beginners. You can even snowmobile, dog sled or hang out in the local village! With 16 chairs lifts, you’ll find plenty of great hills to ski.
- Whistler Blackcomb – If you want to take in the country’s best slopes, Whistler, British Columbia is the place to go! With more than 200 runs and 37 lifts, this world-class resort will keep every skier enthused. It also happens to be the largest winter sports area in all of North America! Whether you’re new or advanced, there’s run for everyone and a great skiing village to boot! Hence, it is no surprise that Whistler Blackcomb is on of the best skiing resorts in the world.
Where Is The Best Skiing In The US?
When it comes to hitting the powder, there are many places in the United States that offer a great experience. But the best skiing destinations around can be found in Colorado!
- Vail Mountain Resort – If you’re thinking of premiere destinations, few places have the luxury appeal and popularity of Vail! This renowned resort offers a superb experience for skiers at every level. And, your family will love the excitement that awaits beyond the slopes. For some of the best skiing in the US for families, Vail is the perfect destination. Nearby Beaver Creek is another spot that amps up the luxury for the seasoned skier! As the slogan says “It’s not exactly roughing it.”
- Stowe Vermont – If you’re looking for some fantastic East Coast skiing, Stowe Vermont offers another delightful ski experience. Whether you’re exploring the mountain with a private guide, or watching your children ice skate in the idyllic village, it’s a beautiful place to enjoy!
Where Are The Best Ski Resorts In The World?
There may be great skiing in Canada and the United States from Aspen to Lake Tahoe. But there are plenty of great places to go if you’re thinking of an international destination! You may even want to share some of our winter destinations with others in FamilyApp!
- Zermatt – The country of Switzerland may be well known for chocolate, but it’s also a destination for anyone who really loves snow! With 350 kilometers of trails and slopes, Zermatt offers some of the best skiing you’ll find in the Alps. And, your children will enjoy spotting the peak of one of the world’s most famous mountains, the Matterhorn, while they’re down hilling!
- Saalbach Hinterglemm – Austria may be one of the best regions in the world. The charm and beauty of this area makes Saalbach Hinterglemm a true skier’s destination! While there are options for beginners, this is ideal for a family of avid skiers. The first lifts were built after World War II so you’ll have the opportunity to partake in the past. All in all, Austria offers some of the best skiing resorts in the world, but Saalbach Hinterglemm even tops most of them!
- Ski Dubai – The middle of the desert might seem like a strange destination for the best skiing. But Ski Dubai is the best place in the world to head for a unique indoor skiing experience! Whether you want to toboggan, zip line or take the chair lift, there’s a lot to do in its 4500 meters of space. Your children will also love the local residents: the penguins!
Ski Around the World
If your family wants to hit the slopes, there are many places to find the best skiing in the world! From Whistler Blackcomb Mountain to the indoor skiing in Dubai, there’s something for every kind of skier. Do you have a favorite skiing destination with your family? Which ski resorts do you want to head to this winter? Share it with us in our comments! Whether you like the beginner trails or the après-ski, you won’t run out of options.