Going vegetarian isn’t for everyone. Even if you could never give up your steak dinners and burgers, try having Meatless Mondays!Jump to Recipe
On Meatless Monday you pledge to have at least one meatless meal a week and try a Meatless Monday recipe. You will soon find that vegetarians don’t subsist on quinoa, chickpeas, cauliflower rice, butternut squash “zoodles”, and black beans.
Many vegetarian meals are hearty and flavorful. Because meatless meals are usually packed with veggies they are usually good for you. As a bonus, because veggies are less expensive than meat, Meatless Mondays can be budget-friendly as well.
What Are Some Ideas for Meatless Mondays?
Vegetarian meals for Meatless Monday might just become your favorite meal of the week! There is no need to worry about getting bored of meatless lunches and dinners. Many popular meatless meals are similar to those you already love. It is incredibly easy to make Mexican-inspired meatless tacos, burritos, or enchiladas just by substituting lentils or black beans for ground beef. Make Asian-inspired meatless meals with stir-fry and brown rice. Slow-cooked, oven-roasted sweet potatoes and eggplant or a combination of chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, and veggies make a hearty meatless dinner.
Meatless dinner ideas can be either vegetarian with dairy, or vegan, which is dairy-free. There is no one right way to go meat-free! If you chose to include dairy, consider topping veggies with goat cheese for a flavorful addition that tastes great on top of black beans, sweet potatoes, or in a quinoa salad. Raw veggies and dip or a green salad make a great snack or side dish and are also low-carb.
How to Get Your Family Excited for Meatless Mondays
With a little meal-prepping, you will find that making veggie-packed vegetarian dinner recipes are easy to make. If you have reluctant Meatless Monday participants in your home, try a little food styling. It can go a long way! Another way to get your family on board is to search for a vegetarian recipe that is a variation of something your child already loves. If you are really in a rush or need comfort food, vegetarian entrees that will be a hit are simple pasta with pesto or mac n’ cheese.
If you need vegetarian dinner ideas, these meatless recipes by the Potash Twins will help you started on your Meatless Monday journey. You may decide that you like meatless vegetarian dinner recipes so much that you become less of a meat-eater every day of the week.
Potash Twins One-Skillet Vegetarian Chips & Guac “Egg Rolls”
Love chicken and egg rolls, but not the meat? The fresh textures and flavors in this recipe will have your whole family looking forward to this recipe!
Potash Twins One-Skillet Guac “Egg Rolls” with Gardein Beef-less Tips and Street Corn Salsa
- 1 package Gardein Homestyle Beef-less Tips
- 1 package Egg roll wrappers
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water for binding
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup corn cooked and refrigerated
- 1 jalepeño diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 oz cotija cheese
- kosher salt
Potash Twins One-Skillet Guac “Egg Rolls” with Gardein Beef-less Tips and Street Corn Salsa
- Begin by slicing the top of the jalapeño, discard it and continue by cutting the jalapeño in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds and white membrane. Julienne the jalapeno (1/8 inch matchstick cut) finely dice and place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the corn and vegan cotija cheese (or cheese substitute). Roll and juice 1 lime. Chop the fresh cilantro and add to the bowl. Season with chili powder and kosher salt. Mix well. Place the bowl in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Halve and pit the avocados, scoop into a bowl, and season with a pinch of kosher salt. Mash the avocados against the side of the bowl until desired texture is reached. Finely dice the red onion and add it to the avocado mixture. Roll and juice 1 lime into the bowl with the avocados. Salt to taste and stir.
- Add olive oil to a nonstick frying pan and bring to high heat. Pour in Gardein Beef-less Tips and brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve to a bowl.
- Place egg roll wrapper on a flat surface and prepare to fill and with avocado mixture and beefless tips.
- Diagonally place the filling in the middle of the wrapper. Using a finger, spread water around the edges of the egg roll wrapper for sealing. Begin to roll and form the wrap “burrito” style, making sure to tuck the edges in while rolling. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil in the same nonstick frying pan and bring to medium-high heat. Place egg rolls in pan, seam side down, and cook for 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat until all egg rolls are cooked.
- Remove the corn salsa from the refrigerator. Pour into a small ramekin for dipping. Cut the egg rolls in half along the diagonal and place them on a platter for serving. Enjoy!
Fishless Fish and Chips Burrito
Gardein Fishless Filets are a highly-rated entree and an awesome option for vegetarians. They’re plant-based and taste great! So this fishless fish and chips burrito with Gardein Fishless Filets and creamy pea puree and tartar sauce from the Potash twins is a must-have addition to your menu!
Fish sticks are a hit with kiddos, and this vegetarian meal with fishless filets won’t disappoint. Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Cook frozen french fries according to package directions. Mix 2/3 cup plant-based mayo substitute into a bowl and stir in 1 tbsp sweet relish, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, 1-1/2 tbsp capers chopped capers, and 1/4 cup parsley, ½ tsp of lemon zest, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 2 tbsp olive oil to the bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Add 2 cups frozen peas to a saucepan on medium heat, once warmed through, add 1/4 cup coconut cream and season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat and puree the pea mixture in a food processor until the desired thickness is reached. Reserve to bowl until ready to assemble.
Take fries out of the oven and cook the Gardein Fishless Filets according to the package instructions. When assembling your burritos, do not overstuff them. Lay the tortilla flat and spoon the pea puree over the surface of the tortilla and place the french fries on top. Add the Gardein Golden Fishless fillet on top of the fries and roll burrito. Put the homemade tartar sauce into a ramekin for dipping. Serve and enjoy!
Plant-Based Butter Chick’n Salad Sandwich
This vegetarian meal is filled with plenty of spice and will make you wonder if you’ll ever go back to eating meat (or poultry) on Mondays. We highly recommend this plant-based butter chick’n salad sandwich with Gardein plant-based Chick’n Strips from the Potash twins!
Begin by removing the Gardein Chick’n Strips and letting them sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a saucepan and bring to medium heat. Place 1 medium chopped onion, 1 chopped jalapeño pepper, and 1 clove minced garlic in the pan and sauté for 3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp grated ginger, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp curry powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp paprika, and simmer with the onions for a minute. Pour in 3 cups tomato puree. Bring to a simmer, and then add 1 cup of coconut cream. Simmer on medium-low heat until sauce reduces, about 10 minutes.
Next, cut the Chick’n Strips into ½ inch pieces and add to the sauce. Stir and allow the Chick’n to heat thoroughly (about 5 minutes). Season the sauce with the juice of 1 lemon reserve in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Spread the Chick’n and sauce over 4 hamburger buns, serve, and enjoy!
Vegetarian Chick’n Parm Bites
Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian comfort food filled with hearty ingredients and fresh flavors. And with this homemade tomato sauce recipe, you’ll never want to go back to store-bought! The Potash Twins have another winner with this recipe for vegetarian chick’n parm bites with Gardein crispy golden plant-based Chick’n Nuggets.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, then turn the broiler to high. Place 1 lb of cherry tomatoes and 1 garlic clove on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until starting to char, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place the tomatoes and garlic in a food processor with 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tsp oregano, a pinch of red pepper flakes, and 6 fresh basil leaves. Season well with salt and pepper and puree. If it needs to thicken, reduce it on the stove for 10 minutes.
Cook Gardein Chick’n nuggets according to package instructions. While they’re cooling, preheat the oven to broil. Cut 8 vegan mozzarella pearls in half. Spoon your tomato sauce over the Chick’n Nuggets and place a mozzarella ball on top of each. Broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Serve remaining sauce in a small ramekin for dipping.
Are You Ready to Try Meatless Mondays?
Whether you’re just trying to cut back on meat in your diet or are experimenting with new eating habits, there are plenty of recipes and meat-less alternatives that don’t compromise on flavor! Be sure to share your best recipes for Meatless Mondays with your family members and friends on FamilyApp!