Amp up the summer fun for your family with a backyard swimming pool! From inflatable options to an Olympic-sized stretch, there’s a pool option to suit every budget.
Whether you’re going to the beach or heading for a hike, there’s plenty of summer fun to be found outside. Fortunately, you don’t actually have to leave your backyard to get in exercise! Instead of heading out, spring for a backyard swimming pool that your whole family can enjoy. Whatever your budget or preference, there’s a style out there to suit you. Be sure to share your ideas on your favorite family app!
How Much Does a Backyard Swimming Pool Cost?
The price for your swimming pool will largely depend on the type you’re considering. A small pool can cost approximately $20,000 to $30,000 while a medium-sized swimming pool can be about $30,000 to $40,000. A large backyard pool will be likely to set you back even more.
Be aware though that there’s more to the cost of a pool than your basic structure. You may want to invest in other add-ons like a diving board, lighting, cleaners, and a deck. Extras like this can inflate your backyard pool cost by about 10 to 20 percent. Beyond these costs, you’ll also want to put aside money for maintenance which can include supplies, electrical costs, and surface repairs. Be sure to do your research beforehand so you can find a reliable contractor at a reasonable price.
What Are the Best Backyard Swimming Pool Options?
If you’re considering backyard swimming pool ideas, there are more options than you might think to choose from. Share your own discoveries on FamilyApp!
- Kiddie Pool – The cheapest of all the backyard pool options is most definitely the kiddie pool. If you’re wondering if a pool’s worth the expense, you might want your kids to try this out before investing. No matter how small your yard is, this inflatable option provides a place to stay cool on hot summer days.
- Above Ground Pool – For those thinking of dipping their toes into the water, this is one of the most budget-friendly options. In addition to being easier for certain landscapes, you can also take it with you if you decide to move! Share your above ground pool suggestions on your favorite family app.
- Recreational Pool – Nothing beats making fun for your family like this type of pool! This style can come in an oval or rectangle shape and can include slides, tunnels, boulders, and plenty of playtimes. Whether you choose something small or spring for a larger option, this makes for a lot of family fun!
- Lap Pool – For the fitness-minded, the lap pool design can be a great option for getting in your exercise. This outdoor pool style can also offer a great view from your own window. If you have a swimmer in the family, this one is a great place to train!
- Spool – Many people might not want the investment of a large backyard pool, but still want something permanent they can enjoy. Luckily, that’s where the spool comes in, a combination of a spa and pool. While you won’t be able to swim in it, it can be great for a warm-weather chill out in your backyard.
What Is the Best Portable Swimming Pool?
- Intex Crystal Blue Inflatable Pool – This 45” x 10” pool is perfect for small swimmers who want to make a splash. It’s easily inflatable and is only 10 inches deep so your kids can wade in the summer sun!
- Summer Waves Quick Set Above Ground Swimming Pool – This inflatable option is a great idea if your kids are a little bit older. While it doesn’t have a lot of room for swimming, it’s big enough for a group of people. At 30 inches deep, you’ll be able to get comfortable in the water.
- Intex Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set - This steel frame pool has everything you need to make your own outdoor paradise. Fortunately, you can even set it up in one hour! It holds 8,403 gallons of water and contains a ladder, ground cloth, and all the backyard pool accessories you’ll need.
A backyard pool can be a great addition to your summer living. Whether you’re looking for a kiddie pool or something you can really swim in, there are options for every home! Do you have any backyard swimming pool suggestions? Share them with other swimmers in our comments! From Olympic and oval to inflatable and above ground, a pool can make for plenty of family fun!