Driving is an important part of getting your family where they need to go on a daily basis. And carpooling can provide an environmentally friendly option for easy transit!
For most people, getting into their vehicle to go somewhere is a part of everyday life. But about 76 percent of Americans drive to work alone, which means that 115 million vehicles are driven each day! While cars may be convenient, emissions are bad for the environment and fuel can be costly. Fortunately, carpooling can provide an alternative that saves money and time! Instead of organizing it on your own, you can even consider a carpooling app.
What is Carpooling?
It goes without saying that the sharing economy has received a lot of boosts in recent years. And, it doesn’t stop at companies that provide ridesharing like Uber and Lyft. In fact, carpooling is a popular alternative for many people. While it can be confused with rideshares, the carpool definition is two or more people sharing a ride to a destination. For those who utilize this option, carpool lanes are available on many freeways. Vehicles with one person cannot use these lanes so they can help to speed up travel time.
What are the Benefits of Carpooling?
If you’re carpooling in the USA, there are a number of benefits involved in using this method of transportation. Whether you’re a driver or a rider, reach out to others through a family app to organize your own!
- Carpooling Saves Money– One of the best benefits of carpooling to work is being able to save on fuel. Instead of spending money on the high cost of gas, you can split the expense with one or more person!
- Avoid Driving– Many people like to drive, but the commute to work isn’t always much fun. Luckily, when it comes to someone else taking the wheel, you won’t have to worry about stress on the road. Instead, you can take advantage of the convenience of being the only passenger!
- Carpooling Is Environmentally Friendly– Being conscientious of the environment has become a lot more important in recent years. Fortunately, carpooling environmental benefits include lowering emissions and lessening pollution. If everyone considers these benefits, the difference in the environment can be significant!
How Do I Organize a Carpool with an App?
If you’re interested in organizing your own rides, there are plenty of family apps to make it easy for you! Instead of doing it yourself, try one of the following free apps:
- KarPooler– There’s an app for everything these days, and it’s no different when it comes to this carpool app! If you want to get your kids to school, this app lets you text all the adults (and kids!) involved. It will even let you know when your child has been dropped off.
- FamilyApp– With kids involved in so many activities, it can be good to know there’s more than one ride option. In fact, you can use FamilyApp Groups to find a carpool partner from one of your existing contacts or schedule rides with other parents. As a completely secure platform, this app has your family’s best interests in mind!
- Car Pool Party– It might seem like a lot of organization is required in order to share a ride successfully. But this app takes the stress out of the equation! It will easily review each app user to determine who should drive and when. You can even cancel and re-schedule a ride, and offer to cover for someone else at a later date!
The convenience of getting your kids to their soccer game or carpooling to work is great. But, it’s easy to forget that sharing a ride can be an even better way to get where you’re going. Have you ever used a carpool app for work? Share your experience with us in our comments! Whether it’s for one game or for every day, it can save money and help the environment.