The holidays are a time to get the entire family together for festive fun. Whether you bake cookies or volunteer, there’s no shortage of exciting Christmas activities in Virginia Beach.
The holiday season is a time of year that most families look forward to. And, if you’re all celebrating it together, you’ll need a host of activities to keep everyone entertained. Fortunately, whether you’re staying in the house or going into the community, there are many Christmas activities for everyone. From Christmas crafts to a winter walk, here are some tips for fun family Christmas activities that will make the holiday season memorable!
Christmas Activities At Home
Christmas is a time for getting together with loved ones to celebrate the festive holiday season. Fortunately, there are plenty of fun Christmas activities you can do while staying warm inside!
- Play a Game – Whether it’s board games, bingo or card games, these activities are fun for everyone. But, it’s better if everyone’s involved, so pick a game that Grandma and your kids can all enjoy. You may even want to make it holiday themed!
- Create Christmas Crafts – Christmas is the time of giving. So, instead of buying gifts this year, you may want to get everyone together to create homemade Christmas gifts. When it comes to Christmas activities for toddlers, making crafts are the best!
- Cheer in the Kitchen – The holiday season wouldn’t be what it is without the cookies. Fortunately, baking a batch of gingerbread or sugar cookies is one of the best Christmas activities for kids. You can get seniors involved in decorating them, and the kids will love mixing and molding.
Fun Family Christmas Activities
Outside of the house, one of the best parts of Christmas is how the local community can come alive. Instead of keeping all the cheer to yourself, go outside and enjoy some free Christmas activities!
- Do Charity Work – The holiday season is an ideal time for acts of kindness. That’s why volunteer work is one of the best Christmas activities you can do. Whether you head to the soup kitchen or help out the food bank, this can be a bonding experience.
- Go to Church – Whether you’re there to volunteer or attend mass, Christmas can get many in the mood for a community. You might even get to sing Christmas carols at church during the holiday season! Take everyone for a special evening out.
- Take a Winter Walk – Once the snow hits the ground, there are a lot of outside activities that become more difficult. Fortunately, walking isn’t one of them. A family walk can be a great way to catch up with loved ones and get away from Christmas cookies. There may even be a spontaneous snowball fight!
- Plan a Special Evening – Everyone has his or her own special Christmas traditions. And, the holiday season is a good time to get out on the town and celebrate. Whether you go for dinner or a theater performance, don’t miss these fun Christmas activities for adults!
What Can I Do In Hampton Roads?
Beyond family activities, there are plenty of fun Christmas activities in Virginia Beach for the holidays. To amp up the seasonal excitement, head to one of the following events:
- CBN Christmas Village– December 6-8, 13-15. Located on the Regent University campus, CBN Christmas Village has plenty of activities for the whole family. You can pet the animals at their live nativity, listen to carolers, ride carnival attractions, peruse different vendors, and even visit Santa’s workshop at the North Pole.
- Holiday Parade at the Beach – December 2 at 5:30 pm. Take in the variety of seasonal floats going down Atlantic Avenue. You can even take your kids to visit Santa who makes an appearance every year!
- Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler – December 14-15. The holidays might not seem like the best time for physical recreation. But, this holiday race is one of the Christmas activities you won’t soon forget. After all, everyone who signs up gets a Santa suit for the event. Kids will love seeing their dad dressed up as the big guy!
- Million Bulb Walk- Norfolk Botanical Garden Head over to see their spectacular garden of lights! You can walk for over a mile under the gorgeous lights until December 15, or head there later and drive through this idyllic setting.
- Christmas Town– With holiday shows, the Christmas Town Express train, and over 10 million lights, Christmas Town at Busch Gardens provides plenty of cheer for all!
- Winter Wonderland – Visit charming Olde Towne Portsmouth for holiday delights from scenes of Victorian skaters to fun crafts and activities for the whole family!
The holidays are a fun time for everyone to enjoy Christmas activities together. Whether you bake treats or do charity work, it’s precious to spend time with loved ones.
Do you have a special Christmas activity with your family? Let us know why it’s so important to you in our comments. Even better- plan something fun with your relatives using FamilyApp’s calendar.
Whichever activities you all decide on, the time together will create new memories.