The holidays are a time to get the entire family together for festive fun. Whether you bake cookies or volunteer, there’s no shortage of exciting Christmas activities in Virginia Beach.
The holiday season is a time of year that most families look forward to. And, if you’re all celebrating it together, you’ll need a host of activities to keep everyone entertained. Fortunately, whether you’re staying in the house or going into the community, there are many Christmas activities for everyone. From Christmas crafts to a winter walk, here are some tips for fun family Christmas activities that will make the holiday season memorable!
Christmas is a time for getting together with loved ones to celebrate the festive holiday season. Fortunately, there are plenty of fun Christmas activities you can do while staying warm inside!
- Play a Game – Whether it’s board games, bingo, or card games, these activities are fun for everyone. But, it’s better if everyone’s involved, so pick a game that Grandma and your kids can all enjoy. You may even want to make it holiday-themed!
- Create Christmas Crafts – Christmas is the time of giving. So, instead of buying gifts this year, you may want to get everyone together to create homemade Christmas gifts. Use natural materials for a fun, homey DIY option! When it comes to Christmas activities for toddlers, making crafts are the best!
- Cheer in the Kitchen – The holiday season wouldn’t be what it is without the cookies. Fortunately, baking a batch of gingerbread or sugar cookies is one of the best Christmas activities for kids. You can get seniors involved in decorating them, and the kids will love mixing and molding.
Outside of the house, one of the best parts of Christmas is how the local community can come alive. Instead of keeping all the cheer to yourself, go outside and enjoy some free Christmas activities!
- Do Charity Work – The holiday season is an ideal time for acts of kindness. That’s why volunteer work is one of the best Christmas activities you can do. Whether you head to the soup kitchen or help out the food bank, this can be a bonding experience.
- Go to Church – Whether you’re there to volunteer or attend a service, Christmas can get many in the mood for a community. You might even get to sing Christmas carols at church during the holiday season! Take everyone for a special evening out.
- Take a Winter Walk – Once the snow hits the ground, there are a lot of outside activities that become more difficult. Fortunately, walking isn’t one of them. A family walk can be a great way to catch up with loved ones and get away from Christmas cookies. There may even be a spontaneous snowball fight!
- Plan a Special Evening – Everyone has his or her own special Christmas traditions. And, the holiday season is a good time to get out on the town and celebrate. Whether you go for dinner or a theater performance, don't miss these fun Christmas activities for adults!
Beyond family activities, there are plenty of fun Christmas activities in Virginia Beach for the holidays. Check their websites, but most events will go on as planned with specific measures so you and your family can stay safe and healthy. To amp up the seasonal excitement, head to one of the following events:
- Holiday Lights Merry Mile – November 13, 2020-January 3, 2021. Stay safely in your car as you take in all of the gorgeous lights down Atlantic Avenue. From the 12 days of Christmas to Surfin' Santa, there's something for everyone!
- Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler – December 18-19, 2020. The holidays might not seem like the best time for physical recreation. But, this holiday race is one of the Christmas activities you won’t soon forget. After all, everyone who signs up gets a Santa suit for the event. Kids will love seeing their dad dressed up as the big guy!
- Garden of Lights at Norfolk Botanical Garden – Head over to see their spectacular garden of lights! Enjoy the lights from your car, or purchase tickets for the Tinsel Tram ride and enjoy the lights outside with your family.
- Busch Gardens Christmas Special Event- With holiday shows, the Christmas Town Express train, and over 10 million lights, Christmas Town at Busch Gardens provides plenty of cheer for all! 10/10 would recommend the hot chocolate! This year, due to COVID-19, the event will be a little bit different, but the park looks forward to celebrating the holiday season with another event from November 14-January 4.
- The Virginia Beach Christmas Market – From November 27 - November 29, 2020, the Virginia Beach Convention Center holds their annual Christmas Market. Entry is free! Go check out local artisans and vendors!
The holidays are a fun time for everyone to enjoy Christmas activities together. Whether you bake treats or do charity work, it’s precious to spend time with loved ones.
Do you have a special Christmas activity with your family? Let us know why it’s so important to you in our comments.
Whichever activities you all decide on, the time together will create new memories.