Father’s Day is a great time to thank your dad for all he does. From epic presents to inspired DIY gifts, there are plenty of things he’ll love to receive! Read on for Father’s Day 2023 gift ideas!
June’s the time to celebrate summer with beachside swimming and barbecues. But it’s also the time to celebrate the most important man in your life: your dad! Father’s Day weekend 2023 is on June 18, so you’ve got time to start looking if you’ve only got a greeting card. The following ideas will help get you prepared for the holiday.
*As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.*
What Is the History Behind Father’s Day?
The first Father’s Day was celebrated in 1910 at the YMCA in Spokane, Washington. Sonora Smart Dodd had heard about Mother’s Day, which had been made official a few years earlier and wanted a similar day to honor her father. He was a single parent who raised six children on his own after the death of his wife and was instrumental in raising his children. It took several decades after that first celebration until it achieved national recognition, though. Many thought it was just a commercial holiday, so they were a little hesitant to sign it into law. But by 1972, Richard Nixon signed it into law as a permanent national holiday.
Today, there are many ways to celebrate the fathers in your life. Here are a few of our favorite ideas.
What Are Some Fun Father’s Day Activities?
Many dads prefer spending time with the family rather than something that comes in a box. Here are a few ways to give the gift of time to Dad.
- Family Camping Trip – If you have a dad who loves the great outdoors, pack up the tent, some sleeping bags, and s’mores, and spend a fun weekend under the stars. It’s a wonderful way to have new adventures as a family.
- Adventure Park – You can either make a backyard ninja course or find one nearby where you and Dad can get in touch with your inner America Ninja Warriors!
- Movie Day – If he’d rather spend a day in the cool air conditioner with your popcorn and beer mug close by, opt for a Father’s Day movie marathon. Of course, if watching sports is more his style, you can watch The Masters or U.S. Open together.
What Are Some Good Father’s Day Gift Ideas?
Father’s Day activities can be free, but sometimes it’s nice to get a thoughtful gift, too. Choose from one of the following for the kind of presents that will make the day!
- Leather Wallet – It probably seems like your dad always needs a new wallet. However, a high-quality leather wallet that offers personalization will add a nice touch to an old favorite. This monogrammed item that features his initials might be among the gifts he’ll really remember.
- Matein Travel Laptop Backpack – If your dad is always flying off on business, the gift he can take with him is best! Luckily, this backpack has everything he needs to carry his laptop and its extras. It’s even considered the best carry-on backpack by the experts, so share it on a family app.
- Sony Noise-Cancelling Headphones – Though they have headphones at several price points, with the cheapest around $150, this isn’t one of the Father’s Day ideas that everyone’s going to invest in. But if you’re looking for something really special for your music-loving dad, this could be it! These headphones are fantastic and will be the kind of gift your dad won’t buy himself.
What’s a Good Non-Tech Gift Ideas for Father’s Day?
Many dads are big on tech, but a lot of other gifts can be just as exciting. For the dad who isn’t that into his phone, you might want to share the following ideas on FamilyApp!
- Beard Grooming Oil – If your dad is looking for some scruff inspiration, this oil from Kiehl’s might do the trick. In addition to smoothing and taming, it also exfoliates the skin. You could even pump up this gift with some shaving cream, aftershave, or Eau de Toilette.
- Mandalorian T-Shirt – For the Star Wars-loving dad who loves Baby Yoda almost as much as his own babes, give him a gift he’ll love wearing around. Of course, if Star Wars isn’t your thing, there are plenty of other novelty T-shirts to pick from. You could even get Dad a personalized shirt.
What Are Beverage-Related Father’s Day Gifts?
Keep your dad’s cup overflowing with these Father’s Day gifts that will take him from coffee to cocktails.
- Personalized Coffee Mug – A sweet mug with baby handprints is a great gift to help new dads remember their first Father’s Day.
- Whiskey Stones – These unique gifts keep your drink cold without diluting it. You can find them at stores like Williams-Sonoma and Target, and they’re sure to be a hit.
- Corkcicle – If Dad is more of a wine drinker, opt for a Corkcicle, which simultaneously chills your wine and acts as a cork to preserve your drink. Beer mugs or koozies
- Beer Mugs – Whether he loves a great craft beer or something more generic, this is a gift Dad is sure to love!
What Gifts Can I Make for My Dad?
If you’re looking for something special this year, DIY Father’s Day gift ideas might be the way to go. Consider making these items part of a care package tailored especially for him!
- Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream – There are plenty of items you can make at home that will be sure to impress your dad! Instead of going to the store, try this homemade shaving cream by adding a few household ingredients. You may even want to share it with others on a family app!
- Family-Inspired Art – It’s easy enough to go to the store or order an art piece online. But, a collage of family pictures he’ll always remember can be one of the best Father’s Day crafts. You can make his favorite images into wall art or even a photo blanket! Whether it’s for work or his in-home office, this DIY gift will keep giving.
- Breakfast in Bed- It might not last forever, but a delicious Father’s Day breakfast is a fantastic way to celebrate Dad. Make his favorite pancakes or omelet, and enjoy the morning together.
It might be hard to believe, but Dad’s special day is just around the corner, and there are plenty of great ways that you can celebrate! Whether you spend on headphones or come up with something from scratch, make it something he’ll remember. Do you have any great Father’s Day gift ideas? Share them with us in our comments! Whatever the special day brings, there are plenty of great gifts to get inspired.