Are you looking for the perfect cheddar popcorn recipe to snack on? The Bursac family has a great one that’s sure to delight the whole fam!Jump to Recipe
If you are on this page looking for the marvelous Bursac family recipe for cheddar popcorn, you are at the right place. And if you’re looking to add a little spark to family movie night, you’ve come to the right place for that too.
I am hoping that you are familiar with the Bursacs through their incredible story of adoption through foster care. Or, you’ve read about Marcy’s bout with COVID-19. Whatever way you have come to know Marcy and the Bursac family, you know that this family does everything with intention. Movie night is no exception.
The Bursac family created their own cheddar popcorn recipe. But they’re getting their movie tips from Suzette Valle’s 101 Movies To See Before You Grow Up. So every week, they watch a fun and inspiring family movie together.
Movie night is also a way they connected while Marcy had to quarantine. While she was contagious, she couldn’t be around her husband or children. With the reality of COVID numbers rising in some areas of the country and families looking for ideas moving into the colder weather, revamping our family’s movie night traditions is looking like a good idea right now.
Starting the Cheddar Popcorn Tradition
Family togetherness is essential in this group, and it runs deep. When Nathan’s grandmother passed away, he and Marcy ended up with her old-fashioned popcorn popper. “It was a nice yellow and melted butter while it popped the popcorn,” recalled Marcy. Over the years, grandma’s popper got worn out. But the memories and sweetness around the popcorn it provided are still growing strong. So now, a new popcorn popper is on the counter. Marcy and Nathan continue to make beautiful memories with their beautiful children as a family.
Thank you, Marcy and Nathan, for sharing your lives with FamilyApp and allowing us to see your family through this small window.
Bursac Family Cheddar Popcorn
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil Can sub olive oil or canola oil.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Nacho Cheddar seasoning to taste
- Fill your popcorn popper with coconut oil and popcorn kernels.
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of butter on top of popper so it will melt while the popcorn pops.
- Once popped, sprinkle with Nacho Cheddar seasoning and enjoy with your family!
Cheddar Popcorn Variations
The Bursacs have perfected this recipe for their family. But you might want to try these variations for yours.
- Experiment with different types of cheese. Try white cheddar instead of the nacho seasoning, or possibly finely grate fresh cheddar cheese over the popcorn for another variation.
- Pair your cheddar cheese popcorn with a complementary flavor, like caramel popcorn to get a perfect blend of sweet and salt.
- Add a little twist to the cheese flavor and incorporate a little mustard powder into the mix.