There are a variety of things to consider when it comes to car buying. Use our tips to get the kind of car you’re looking for at the right price!
For most of us, investing in a vehicle is going to be one of the most important purchases we make. And, with so many options out there, it can be difficult to make the right choice. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to make sure you get the best deal. Be sure to share your own savvy car buying tips on your favorite family app!
Car Buying: How Do I Get a Good Deal on a New Car?
There are a variety of ways to make sure you get the most out of your new vehicle. Follow our car buying guide to find the perfect fit for you!
1. Do Some Car Buying Research
If you’re new to the car-buying market, it might seem like something you can leave to the auto dealer. However, it’s important to know your stuff so you get a fair price. Be sure to research the kind of car you’re looking for and the associated costs. Sites like Edmunds and Consumer Reports are great resources for this information.
2. Explore Financing Options
It might be convenient to consider financing through a dealership, but their rates will be higher. Instead, head to a local bank or credit union to see what the going rates and loan options are. Be sure to get an official quote so you have leverage when you buy a car!
3. Be Willing to Negotiate When Buying a Car
Getting the best price is all about negotiation, and that means a buyer needs to be prepared. Because you may be paying off your car for years to come, it can have a huge impact on your finances. Stick to your guns and be prepared to walk away if it doesn’t meet your car-buying budget.
4. Avoid Add-Ons
It’s important not to get carried away by buying more car than you need. A salesperson may want to sell you some add-ons, but options like rustproofing and a rear camera aren’t necessary. An extended warranty may also be enticing, but it’s often quite limited so you’re best sticking with the manufacturer’s warranty.
What Are the Best Car Buying Websites on the Net?
It can be hard to know where to begin if you’re starting your search on the web. Share the best sites for finding new and used cars with others on FamilyApp!
- CarGurus – It’s all in a name for this great search engine where you can buy a car online. You can filter by make, model, and nearby deals to find the perfect vehicle out of more than five million new and used cars. Conveniently, it also provides identifiers for great deals, fair deals, and cars that are overpriced.
- Autotrader – You may be familiar with Autotrader magazine, but they also have a website where you can sell or buy a car. You can use their comparison tool to search cars side by side or try their affordability calculator to determine your monthly payment!
- Carvana – If you’re new to car buying basics, Carvana can provide a foolproof mode of finding the right vehicle for you. As it specializes in used cars, you can rest assured that none of them have been in an accident. They even do a 150-point inspection to prove it!
What Are the Things to Look for When Buying a Car?
There’s plenty of car buying advice to consider when you decide to invest. However, it’s important to look at both new and used options as this can save you money. A car depreciates in value as soon as you buy it, so be sure you’re getting what you paid for. It’s also important to do a test drive, especially with used cars. So you know you’ll be comfortable with it. It will give you a sense of what you’re buying so there are no unmet expectations.
Of course, if you decide on buying a used car, it’s imperative to get it checked out beforehand. If there are any issues, you can pass on the deal or at least negotiate a lower purchase price. Share your own tips on your favorite family app!
Buying a car is one of the more significant purchases that most of us will make. That’s why it so important to do your research so you can get the best bang for your buck! Do you have any advice on how to buy a car? Share it with other readers in our comments! There may be a lot of options available, but the right car at the right price is out there.