There’s no shortage of ways to commemorate your baby’s first Christmas. Whether you purchase an ornament or visit Santa Claus, it’s a season of magic you won’t soon forget! Check our tradition and gift ideas for your child’s first Christmas, here!
There are so many things involved in your newborn’s first year that the holiday season can feel like a lot. Doing up baby’s first Christmas doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take up too much time. It can be as simple as a little special time spent together! Share your tips with other parents for commemorating your little one’s first holiday on your favorite family app.
What Should You Get a Baby for Their First Christmas?
When it comes to what Christmas gifts to get your littlest one for their very first Christmas, there are no wrong answers. However, when they’re young can be the best time to prioritize a personalized keepsake over an expensive item. The best gifts for a baby’s first Christmas will be ones that will remind them of past traditions. Whether you decide on a special book or holiday stocking, it will surely bring back reminders of Christmas’s past!
What Are the Best Baby’s First Christmas Gift Ideas?
There are plenty of great baby Christmas gifts out there but no simple toy will do! Fortunately, the following items can be a good place to start in making for a memorable gift. Share your best gift ideas with other parents on FamilyApp!
- Matching Pajamas – Celebrate the holiday season with a matching pair of pajamas for one of the best baby’s first Christmas ideas! Not only can you get cozy in front of the fireplace, but a matching set can also make for some great photographs.
- A Baby Book – Bedtime stories are an important part of a newborn’s life. For that reason, why not amp up the baby book around Christmas with a special holiday tale? Whether you spring for How the Grinch Stole Christmas or The Polar Express, it’s a tradition you’ll come back to!
- An Ornament – There’s nothing like adding a special ornament to the Christmas tree to make a future Christmas bright! Whether you buy it or make it together, a baby’s first Christmas ornament is a necessity for the holidays.
What Can I Do To Make My Baby’s First Christmas Really Special?
You’ll never be able to re-live the memories of your baby’s first Christmas. That’s why it’s so important to make it special the first time around! So here are some ideas that get past exchanging gifts:
- Make a Memorable Handprint – Your little one is going to keep on growing, so best preserve the memories now! You can make a memento of their handprint or footprint by pressing it into a mix of flour, salt, and water. Share your own keepsake ideas with others on your favorite family app!
- Map Their Height – In addition to getting bigger, your baby’s going to be getting a lot taller, too! If you have a special height calendar, be sure to measure them around the holidays. Otherwise, get a ribbon or a roll of paper to show how much they’ve grown!
- Take a Picture – It’s a common expression that a picture paints a thousand words. So, what better way to remember their first Christmas than with a family picture? You may even want one of your baby’s first Christmas activities to be a snap alongside Santa Claus!
There’s nothing like the first Christmas that you will share with your little one. Whether you take them to visit Santa or buy a baby’s first Christmas decoration, it’s an occasion worth celebrating! Do you have any ideas for what to do for their first year? Share your ideas with other new parents in our comments. From new traditions to fabulous gifts, there are plenty of ways to celebrate the season!