Colorful Pepper and Onion Frittata
Bright and delicious breakfast treat
- 4 large eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh minced basil
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups sweet red peppers chopped
- 1 cup sweet yellow pepper chopped
- 1 cup sweet orange pepper chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together first four ingredients. Stir in mozzarella cheese and basil.
In a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add peppers; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
Pour in egg mixture; remove from heat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until eggs are completely set, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Serving: 1wedge | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 672mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g