The first Sunday in Advent focuses on the prophecies of the Bible describing the coming of Christ. Prophecies prepared, taught, warned and encouraged the people about God, His ways and His plans.
This week we will look at how over 2700 years ago, God revealed His plan to His people. 2100 years ago, He fulfilled His plan by sending His son, Jesus, and now in the 21” Century we are anticipating the fulfillment of the final prophecies describing His return.
Some of 1he most significant prophecies regarding the Advent season appear in the following passages:
- His Birth: Isaiah 7: 14; Isaiah 9:6 Micah 5:2, 4-5
- His Anointing: Isaiah 11: 1-4
- His Betrayal: Psalm 41 :4; Zechariah 11: 12-13
- His Death: Isaiah 53; Psalm 22:1-31
- His Crucifixion: Isaiah 53: 12
- His Resurrection: Isaiah 25:8, Psalm 16:10
- His Return to Glory: Acts l: 10-1 l, I Thessalonians 4:15-18, Revelation 22:20
- His Glorious Reign: Isaiah 11 :3 through 12:6