The best time of year to get outside and catch the sun’s rays is summertime. Fortunately, plenty of summer skin and haircare care tips will let you frolic without all the worry!
Summer may be the perfect time for sunbathing, outside fitness, and backyard family barbecues. But it’s easy to forget that catching all of those rays can be damaging to your skin and hair! Instead of avoiding the sun altogether, there are a few things you can do to take care of yourself. Before you head out for a day in the sunshine, share the following summer skincare with your friends on a family app!
How Is Summer Hard on the Hair and Skin?
Much like winter, the summer months come with their very own set of challenges for hair and skin! The Vitamin D sun provides is good for your health, but UV rays can lead to sun damage. And, if you’re swimming in the ocean or the pool, even the water can take its toll. While saltwater leads to dehydration by pulling moisture from your skin, chlorine can really test your hair’s patience too! Fortunately, knowing a few summer skincare essentials will help you get the most from the season.
What Are the Best Summer Skincare Tips?
What Is the Best Way to Care for Hair During the Summer?
The summer is certainly the season for letting our manes fly free for all to see! But the sun and all its rays can lead to damaged hair that is frayed and frizzy. Instead of letting summer skincare and haircare go, try the following tips:
- Don’t Skip Conditioner– Your kids may like hanging out in the ocean or the pool, but it can wreak havoc on their hair. Luckily, a little leave-in conditioner can make a lot of difference! Before you take to the pool, add this to hair ends for extra protection. You’ll also want to ensure everyone showers right after to get rid of residual salt and chlorine.
- Use Protective Hair Products– Summer skincare might be important for maintaining moisture, but your hair needs protection from the sun too! Instead of letting it go alone, try a spray or cream that contains UV filters. In addition to minimizing hair damage, it will also keep color-treated hair from fading. You may want to get product ideas from others on a family app!
Summer may be a time to get outside in the sunshine for beachside picnics and family barbecues! But it can also be a season that’s hard on the hair and skin, so it’s important to be prepared. Fortunately, by using sunscreen and moisturizer, and limiting your exposure, you can help to maintain their health. Do you have any great summer skincare tips? Share them with us in our comments! From extra hydration to healthy food choices, there are plenty of ways to get glowing skin and healthy hair.
When it comes to beauty tips, there are many things you can do to keep your skin healthy and hydrated! From the best summer skincare products to much-needed sunscreen, the following are sure to help all skin types.
- Exfoliate Away– The necessity for face wash and moisturizer might be well known when it comes to healthy skin. But, it’s important to exfoliate once or twice a week to get rid of dead skin cell build-up. While you can use a drugstore exfoliator, you may also want to make one using honey, baking soda, or apple cider vinegar!
- Protect against the Sun– Few tips are more important for good summer skincare than using an oil-free sunscreen with SPF. This will help to guard your face, lips, and neck against sunburn and wrinkles. If your kids are spending time outside, there are other things they can do too. In addition to wearing long-sleeved shirts, they can also wear opt for hats and avoid midday exposure.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate – We all know how important water is in keeping us healthy. But it can also have a marked impact on the health of your skin! When it comes to summer skincare tips for oily skin, look for water-based lotion or products containing rose water. You may even want to share your finds with others on FamilyApp!
- Vitamin C– Most of us know that vitamin C is an important part of a healthy diet for kids and adults. After all, it can help with collagen levels that assist the skin in looking radiant. Fortunately, if it’s not enough to eat it, you can also add a vitamin C serum to your summer skincare routine!