The coronavirus COVID-19 might have the power to keep us cooped up inside, but it will never have the power to take away our music. Read on and check out our quarantine playlist to get you through these chaotic times.
The right songs can change your mood in a heartbeat, and knowing what to cue up next can make all the difference in the world. Whether you've had a bad day or a boring day, we've thrown together a few songs that'll make this quarantine business a little more bearable.
When our favorite restaurants close and every movie theater in town shuts down, it can feel like life has been put on pause. There's more time to think, more time to sit, and more time to be still. If you're the sentimental type, this probably means you'll be sitting around talking about the good old days. And if there's anything that pairs nicely with the good old days, it's listening to the good old tunes.
- Sing, Sing, Sing - This 30's track will have you swinging along to Benny Goodman's legendary clarinet magic. Dim the lights, pour some drinks and let your dance skills shine.
- Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys were the kings of feel-good music. Kick back and relax as this '60s jam takes you to the white sandy beaches of paradise.
- Happy Together - Hit play on this fan-favorite and let yourself reminisce on your favorite memories with that special person. You might be stuck inside with them for a while, so make it a good time.
- Johnny B. Goode - If there ever was a song to make you feel good, this is it. Not to mention, it's a killer background song for parties (no more than 10 people, of course).
- We Can Work It Out - An "oldies" song selection just isn't complete without the Beatles. With a little help from their happy upbeat music, we're positive everything will work out just fine.
What would any good playlist be without a few timeless classics? There were too many to pick from, so we just picked our favorites (but you might pick up on a few themes).
- We Didn't Start The Fire - Occasionally, crazy times for songs about, well... crazy times! But music doesn't need to make us feel more stressed. Leave it to Billy Joel to guide you well.
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Sometimes music can inspire us to journey deep into our own creative ventures. Plug in some headphones, cue up some classic Queen, and let your creativity do its thing!
- Runway - Keep the energy high with this 80's throwback classic. If you've been watching Netflix's Stranger Things, this song should resonate.
- Life On Mars? - David Bowie belongs on every playlist, really. Why should a global pandemic change things? If you're really into it, there's an awesome Portuguese version by Seu Jorge, too.
- Stand By Me - The COVID-19 crisis has caused lots of division, but it's more important than ever that we all stand together. Ben E. King reminds us there's nothing that can keep us from that.
If you're lucky enough to have a space for backyard fires, taking advantage of the outdoors might be the perfect cure for cabin fever. Grab some s' mores and plug in the speaker-- it's time for some throwback (and modern) campfire jams.
- Wagon Wheel - Before you get rocked by the coronavirus, let your momma rock you like a wagon wheel.
- Upside Down - When the world feels like it's been flipped upside down, leave it to Jack Johnson to flip it back upright again. This song is great, but any Jack Johnson song will do just fine.
- Simple Song - If you've never heard of The Shins before, you're very welcome. They're the definition of feel-good music, and their hit Simple Song is no exception.
- Southern Cross - Referring to a constellation pattern that is famous for guiding sailors to safety, Crosby, Stills & Nash might just be what's needed to take our minds to happier places.
- Free Fallin' - Who else has a little Full Moon Fever? Sing it, Tom.
When the fire burns down and the classics have run their course, it's time to crank up the volume. Check out these groovy bops to keep yourself (and the party) moving all night long.
- Toxic - Britney Spears will infect you much faster than any virus will, so you might as well let it happen... get Toxic.
- Harder To Breathe - Let this Maroon 5 classic take your breath away. Shortness of breath might be a symptom of COVID-19, but it's also a symptom of high-energy party rocking.
- The Rhythm of the Night - Yes, Corona made a great disco-tech fist-pumping song, and yes, Corona is the name of a viral pandemic sweeping the globe. You do the math.
- No Air (ft. Chris Brown) - Need I say more?
- Stayin' Alive - And finally, what better song is there to top everything off? We hope the Bee Gees can sustain your quarantine long enough to see this through. Best of luck!
That's it! You our very own quarantine playlist. Do with it what you will, but no matter what, don't forget to have fun. Who said lockdowns needed to be boring? Let us know if we missed any of your favorite quarantine jams!