- Faithful – “Lord, increase our faith.” Luke 17:5
- Enthusiastic – “You thrill me, Lord, with all you have done for me.” Psalm 92:4
- Always – “Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” Psalm 92:4
- Show – “l have put my trust in You. Show me the way to go.” Psalm 143:8
- Taste – “Taste and see that the Lord is good.” Psalm 34:8
In today’s culture of fast food, we can’t fully appreciate the significance of mealtime in the Bible. Meals were the focus of each day, gathering families and friends together. Some were simple, others were feasts or even wedding banquets.
Plans, preparation and provisions are a part of these meals. Throughout the Bible, the details of the meals that God has arranged are unfolded. He invites all to come, He has prepared the way, He has made every plan and provision. The final meal is a wedding banquet. Our hope is knowing that God has prepared and provided everything. We must learn to dine (not just eat) and enjoy our time together.
The Advent celebration can take place at any meal, even at breakfast. Celebrate the love at your table, for God is with you.
Lord Jesus, thank you that you are with us at each meal. Let the truth of Your Word nourish us today. Help us to know the difference between fast food eating and dining with You. Bless this food to our use and us to Your service that we may always honor and glorify You. Amen.