Autumn is here and that means Halloween is right around the corner. Try some inspired Halloween snacks at home for some delicious and nutritious treats!
Halloween is a great time for costume parties and trick or treating. But if you’re looking for something more than a fun-sized chocolate bar, there are many treats you can make at home! Instead of going with the standard fare, try some unique Halloween snack ideas that will make the day extra spooky. Share your inspired Halloween treats on your favorite family app!
How to Make Healthy Halloween Snacks?
Treats are great, but Halloween side dishes and appetizers can also be a fun option. All it takes is some last-minute Halloween snacks to amp up your meal!
- Roasted Halloween Veggies – We’ve all had problems getting our kids to eat their veggies, but this dish makes it easy. Before roasting, cut root vegetables like carrots and potatoes into Halloween-inspired shapes like a mummy or pumpkin. Your kids probably won’t mind eating their vegetables!
- Stuffed Peppers – This creative dish can make for one of the best Halloween snack ideas. Prior to stuffing peppers with a mixture of your choice, cut jack-o-lantern faces into them. Stuff them with the filling and put them in the oven for your own ‘pumpkin’ style peppers.
- Chorizo Eyeballs – Kids and adults alike will love this kooky take on easy Halloween snacks. Cut chorizo or any sausage of your choice into rounds and cook. Once cooled, place a dot of cream cheese on each round and cover with half an olive. While this is a savory treat, it also makes for snacking fun!
- Apple Bites – If your kids don’t like caramel apples, this is a healthier option for their daily fruit intake. It’s one of the best Halloween snacks for toddlers!
Spooky Apple Bite Snacks
- 1 granny smith apple
- ¼ cup nut butter
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds or yogurt-covered raisins
- Remove the core of the apple and slice the fruit into quarters. Cut the middle section out to create a gap.
- Fill the gap it with the nut butter of your choice.
- Add seeds or yogurt-covered raisins for the teeth, or even a strawberry for the tongue.
Easy Halloween Snack Ideas
There are many great treats you can make that are a little healthier than candy. Share your own ideas for healthy Halloween snacks on FamilyApp with other parents!
- Pumpkin Cupcakes – A frosted cupcake may not often sound like the healthiest idea. However, you can make an ordinary cupcake a bit more nutritional with a few additions! Instead of white flour, add in whole wheat flour and include pumpkin puree. With a frosting of cream cheese and Greek yogurt, you’ll have a ghoulishly good treat!
- Banana Mummies – This is among the cutest Halloween snack ideas to get your kids eating their fruit! Start by slicing bananas into 1.5-inch chunks and skewering. You can then make a mixture of cocoa butter and powdered sugar. Use this mix to add on the candy eyes, then flick the rest onto bananas for a spooky snack!
- Spider Web Snacks – While your kids may prefer milk chocolate, dark chocolate makes it healthier! All you have to do is melt dark and white chocolate separately. Pour the dark chocolate onto parchment paper, then use a piping bag to spiral on the white chocolate. Use a toothpick to create spiderweb designs for the most unique of Halloween snack ideas!
- Candy Corn Popsicles – Candy corn may not be a healthy Halloween snack, but this popsicle version is pretty nutritious! Take pineapple lemonade, maple yogurt blended with milk, and a combination of mango and orange juice. Once each layer is prepared, you can freeze it into the mold so the candy corn form holds! Share your popular popsicle recipes on your favorite family app!
Whether you’re looking for savory or sweet, there are plenty of healthy Halloween snacks that will be sure to impress. From pumpkin cupcakes to candy corn popsicles, these treats work for a party or just for your little ones. Do you have any fun Halloween plans this year? Share them with others in our comments! With October 31st coming, it’s almost time to get out the costumes.