Looking for some inspiration for your holiday decor?
Check out these ideas for Christmas décor that are sure to make everything feel a little more merry and bright.
Set the stage for your house by sprucing up the first thing everyone sees: the front porch.
- A Throwback: One of my favorite accents is the old radio flyer we inherited from my grandparents. With a big festive ribbon, it turns into a very 1960s Christmas, complete with large, multi-colored bulbs around the gutters. Now I just have to convince my parents to stay away from that tinsel. You know the stuff I'm talking about...the stuff with lead? Just kidding. They don't do that anymore. But the 1960s were a wild time, huh?
- Lanterns: I just recently found a big lantern at the thrift store that I'll be filling with pillar candles, battery-operated LEDs, and perhaps some greenery. Lanterns are so versatile, and they really give that homey feel.
- Wreaths: While the options are endless, don't be afraid to try out a new style this year, or even better, make your own! You could also try stacking two wreaths on the front door and connecting them with fishing line.
- Accessories: Add bows, birch logs, ice skates, warm blankets, and other hits of cheer.
- Beautiful Bottles: Repurpose old wine bottles by removing the label and wrapping them in festive paper, and topping with taper candles.
- Ornament Bowls: Another way to use those extra ornaments is to nestle them into a fancy bowl. While a uniform look can be great, don't be afraid to play with different colors and textures.
- Mercury Votives: These are one of my favorite ways to get that warm glow of the season. Small, romantic, versatile, and classic.
- Keep It Simple: Instead of worrying about a centerpiece, you could opt for some fresh greenery for a table runner.
What are your favorite ways to spruce up your home decor for the holidays? Share your favorite decor ideas with the ones you love on FamilyApp, and don't forget to share pictures of all your home all decked out!