Virginia Beach has plenty of tasty desserts to tempt your sweet tooth! Whether your family is passionate about pie or simply craving cupcakes, these local favorites will exceed your expectations.
If your kids are always asking for a treat, we've compiled a list of all our favorite spots to grab something sweet. Whether it's a rich, chocolate cupcake, frosty ice cream, cake pops, or an over-the-top mason jar creation, all of them perfect beach day treat for kids and grown-ups alike!
Virginia Beach is home to many delicious bakeries. Here are a few favorites:
This up-and-coming district of creators and artists has lots of tasty treats made in-house that you won't want to miss.
- Commune – It’s all in the name at this Virginia Beach bakery. In addition to making everything from scratch, all the ingredients at this destination are locally sourced! For weekend sweets, your kids will love their inspired take on homemade pop-tarts.
- Prosperity Kitchen – Opened only two years ago, this oceanfront eatery specializes in handmade pizzas and delicious baked goods. They have a little something for every part of the day, so you really can't go wrong.
- Lolly's – My second favorite ice cream shop, Lolly's is a locally-owned and operated family business creating and scooping up new, delicious flavors all the time. This adorable ice cream shop in the heart of the ViBe district is perfect for after a long day in the surf and sand.
These special places offer unique treats from cupcakes and cake pops to decadent breakfast desserts.
After a hot day, you may be craving something cold and sweet instead of baked goods. Here are some of the best places to get Ice Cream in Virginia Beach.
- Blue Cow – This is my favorite ice cream spot in town, mostly because they have delicious vegan ice cream (for those of us who are less-than-tolerant of dairy products). My friends also love their key lime pie and blueberry goat cheese flavors. This is perfect for grabbing a scoop and enjoying an area that's a little less touristy.
- Cold Stone Creamery – People nationwide enjoy Cold Stone Creamery, and Virginia Beach is no exception. Whether you play it straight or go for mix-ins, this will be your children’s favorite spot for ice cream! Whether you pick ice cream or Italian sorbet, with 40 mix-ins available, you won’t run out of unique combinations.
- Gelati Celesti –When this opened, the line extended around the block. Located centrally in Hilltop, this well-loved dessert spot serves 24 "House Favorite," flavors along with a rotating selection of 85 featured flavors. They make their delectable ice cream fresh and in small batches. Not only that, you can order quarts and pints online for curbside pickup. And if you're not into ice cream, try one of their delicious pies!
Whether you want to reward your children or need a sweet treat after a day in the sun, there are many great options in Virginia Beach. Whether you’re looking for cupcakes, cannolis, or ice cream options, this bustling beachside town has it all. Share a photo of your favorite dessert with the people you love on FamilyApp!